Search Unity

Mouse Scroll messed up with mouse movement?

Discussion in 'Input System' started by Elhimp, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Elhimp

Elhimp

Is this issue on my side, or mouse scroll axis produce values when you move mouse without touching wheel?

an4xu likes this.
  2. Baste

Baste

It seems to produce values constantly in some cases - like when using the dynamic rebinding.

It might be missing a noice filter that should be there by default?

3. Elhimp

Elhimp

I've tried both with noise filter on/off. It works pretty same: vertical mouse movement also produce scroll values with sign of last scroll action. I.E. if I'm scrolled last time down, mouse movement both up/down direction also considered as negative scroll delta.
    ScrollX and horizontal movement is seems ok. And I can see this issue in Input debuger without any control binds active.

Button presses seems have same effect too.

an4xu likes this.
  4. Tivec

Tivec

5. Rene-Damm

Rene-Damm

Yeah, sorry about that. Someone is looking into it ATM. Looks like something in the native Windows backend has regressed and is sending faulty data.

Colton_Kadlecik, sxnorthrop and Tivec like this.
  6. crener

crener

@Rene-Damm Is there any update on this? or a bug report we can follow to see when it gets fixed?

Been playing around with the new input system and would like to integrate it into my project but this is a blocker for me.

Krajca likes this.
  7. dougpunity3d

dougpunity3d

Unity Technologies

@crener @Tivec @Elhimp @Baste , Just checked in a fix and is in code review/release queue. The bug is in the Unity engine and not the Package, meaning this will take a little longer than a package fix. I will update the thread when the fix lands in 2019.3 alpha, 2019.2 beta and 2019.1. The technical details are that on Windows the scroll wheel data passed thru the mouse button struct, and we check if there is button data. If there was scroll wheel data, we were not clearing out the scroll data on the next event when no wheel flag was set by windows. Meaning if you moved the wheel, every single mouse event afterwards still had that wheel data in the event data. This is isolated to windows only. Public bug link https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...tches-when-moving-mouse-after-scrolling-a-bit

crener and Lurking-Ninja like this.
  8. dougpunity3d

dougpunity3d

Unity Technologies

@crener @Tivec @Elhimp @Baste @Rene-Damm i have info for you on the mouse wheel fix which is now in 2019.1 and above. The fix can be found in ...

2019.1.5f1 and greater
    2019.2.0b2 and greater
    2019.3.0a3 and greater

Elhimp likes this.
  9. Elhimp

Elhimp

Many thanks, it works indeed.

dougpunity3d likes this.
  10. crener

crener

@dougpunity3d Awesome thanks, I hope this is all unit tested so it doesn't slip through the cracks again :)