Search Unity

Bug Mouse position stops updating for ~10 seconds after first 5 seconds

Discussion in 'Input System' started by flippi273, Feb 19, 2021.

1. flippi273

flippi273

My movement controller is getting the mouse's position via
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Mouse.current.position.ReadValue()
    in my Game Object's
    Update
    method

This works fine for the first 5 seconds after launching my scene, but then the position just stops updating (stays at what it was) for about 10 seconds. After the 10 seconds are up it goes back to updating just fine.

Thanks for any assistance!

2. flippi273

flippi273

I found out today that it's not just the mouse, but it's also the keyboard that has the same problems. Essentially my input system stops working after a few seconds and ignores all input for several seconds before resuming to work

3. flippi273

flippi273

After trying to investigate the issue more, I restarted my unity editor and that resolved my problem.

4. JNRowan

JNRowan

I know this is a fairly old post, but I was having the same problem, except mine would stop updating for about 5 seconds after the first 10 seconds. I couldn't find anything in my code that would be causing it to hang, and then I saw your post and tried restarting the Unity editor, which seems to have fixed it. So thanks.

5. flippi273

flippi273

I had let this post die because there was another thread that had more info. There is in fact a bug with the editor that was discovered in Sept and should be fixed soon I suppose. Check this post:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/inp...entering-play-mode.838333/page-2#post-7508147