Search Unity

Mouse input randomly stops working

Discussion in 'Input System' started by Iron-Warrior, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Iron-Warrior

Iron-Warrior

I posted about this here, but it looks like it's not necessarily related to Remote Desktop.

Randomly in both the editor and builds mouse input will stop working. It will no longer be possible to hover or select elements, though gamepad navigation works fine. Sometimes (not shown in the video below) moving the mouse will cause some elements to "flicker", making me think that somewhere mouse position and mouse delta have been confused. This issue persists between sessions.

Video.

Recently upgraded to Unity 2019.3.7f1 and preview-6 from 2019.1.2f1 and preview-3, where this was not an issue. Will post more info if I get any further on it.

EDIT: Video of the flickering in action. This occurred when I booted the game up through Steam, but didn't yet start Remote Play or anything.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  2. Iron-Warrior

Iron-Warrior

Update: switching to the old input module for the UI event system fixes the issue, though ofc for the long run this isn't ideal.

3. Rene-Damm

Rene-Damm

Hey @Iron-Warrior, could you file a ticket for this? Needs looking into. Given that this regressed recently, I'm strongly suspecting my changes to InputSystemUIInputModule having introduced this.

Iron-Warrior likes this.
  4. LLZ_T

LLZ_T

Any word on the status of this issue or is there a link to its ticket?