Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Mouse getting locked into second display on Ubuntu 18.004

Discussion in 'Linux' started by benbest, Apr 2, 2024.

1. benbest

benbest

Hi,

I'm currently trying to build an application for use on a kiosk system with multiple monitors.

The system is running Ubuntu 18.04.6 bionic
    The main monitor is a touchscreen
    Unity 2022.3.21f1

What happens is when I activate more than a single display, the mouse cursor gets stuck in one of the other monitors and the touch screen stops working.

I have tried using

Cursor.lockState=CursorLockMode.Confined;

before activating the second display - and this seems to work, until you touch at the top of the main monitor, and the mouse cursor jumps to the second monitor, and gets stuck there, and cant return to the main monitor.
    The same thing happens if I use the touch screen, or if I use the mouse.

If I activate a 3rd monitor, the cursor immediately jumps to the 3rd monitor and is stuck there.

I have tried adding a delay before activating the second or 3rd monitors - and this does work, but again when you touch the top of the main monitor (or move the mouse into the screen above the main monitor) the mouse again gets stuck in the second monitor...

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,