Search Unity

Mouse Controls after Alt-Tab in Linux Build

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Johny_G, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Johny_G

Johny_G

Few months ago, when creating a Linux build of our game (in Unity 5.2), I've noticed that after Alt-Tabing the game and returning back, the game loses ability to process mouse events. The cursor moves, but UI elements cannot be focused or clicked anymore. Never found any information on this, so I figured it might be resolved in future releases of Unity UI.

However, since then, I started to mantain older Game that was recently ported to Unity 5 (currently 5.3), but still uses NGUI, and found out, that the very same issue happens there as well. Also, camera controls (not powered by UI engine) tend tu stuck as well, so the map keeps moving to the side as if the mouse was on the edge, and there's no way back. So it makes me think that it's not related to UI at all, but none of the mouse events are processed anymore.

Is this a known issue? Is there any workaround or a fix for that? Thanks for any help!

2. Tak

Tak

This is not a known issue, and I can't make it happen here - can you report a bug with a project and explicit steps to reproduce the issue? (If you ping me with the case number you're assigned, I'll make sure it gets looked at asap.)