Search Unity

Mountain Lake - Rock & Tree Pack - HDRP / URP / Built-In

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by cfantauzzo, Oct 25, 2022.

1. cfantauzzo

cfantauzzo

Mountain Lake - Rock & Tree Pack is a collection of 50 game-ready assets built from the ground up to take full advantage of the High Definition Render Pipeline. These assets were carefully sculpted, textured, and optimized to create beautiful and performant environments.

Coming soon to Unity Asset Store!

Supports:

-Unity 2020.3+
    -High Definition Render Pipeline
    -Universal Render Pipeline
    -Built-In Render Pipeline

Check out the demo builds

screen_7680x4320_2022-10-18_22-02-28.jpg
    MLRT_Shot16_01.jpg
    MLRT_Shot14_01.jpg
    MLRT_Shot4_02.jpg
    MLRT_Shot2_02.jpg

DragonCoder likes this.
  2. cfantauzzo

cfantauzzo

3. Ryan-Hayle

Ryan-Hayle

Why is there such an obvious difference between built-in and HRDP? - I can see that "detail 2" was not turned on.

The seams really stand out, can this not be improved?

I turn on the snow feature, but it does nothing?

Why are the normal maps packed into other maps?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
  4. cfantauzzo

cfantauzzo

Hi Ryan,

The issue with the Built-in RP version of the Env Lit shader was a bug and has now been fixed, the update was published this morning. My apologies for the confusion.

Detail 2 is optional. It's a useful feature if you have an object with a lot of surface variety and you need different detail maps for different parts of the surface. I left it toggled off for the Mountain Lake rocks, but the detail map itself is still plugged into the rock material as an example for how to use it. The Mask Map's blue channel is the Detail Mask and controls where to show Detail 1 and where to show Detail 2. You can read more about HDRP's Mask Map standards in the documentation.

Env Lit's snow feature is mostly done but is still officially a work-in-progress until it can be polished and unified with the other shaders, which is why this feature is not yet mentioned in the asset description or officially documented. But it's easy to get working:

Go to the Shader Manager gameobject in the MLRT_Mountain scene, it's the first child object of the Env parent. The object has a script attached called Shader Manager which controls the GlobalSnowStrength global variable. Its value is set to 0 by default. Set the value to 1, and enable the Snow toggle in the rock material. This will give you control over the scene's snow effect. If you want snow in other scenes, you can simply copy/paste the Shader Manager gameobject.

To answer your question about normal map packing:

The base textures (Base Color Map, Normal Map, Mask Map) are all packed according to HDRP standards. Secondary textures like Detail 1, Detail 2, Moss Map, and Snow Map are all channel packed according to HDRP's detail map standards. You can read about these standards in HDRP's documentation. These secondary textures are tightly packed for performance considerations. If these textures were packed more loosely, like the base textures are, then those 4 secondary textures would balloon to 12! That many texture samplers and that much memory usage is not good for performance, especially on mobile.

Documentation on these things will be included in a future release, but until then I hope I answered all your questions! Let me know if you have any more.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2023