Search Unity

Mount Points

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Tryz, Mar 22, 2014.

1. adamz

adamz

Thanks. As far as Playmaker, do you have a custom set of Actions?

2. Tryz

Tryz

There are some custom actions in the "Extras" folder.

I built them with Playmaker a few years ago. So, they may need to be tweaked if Playmaker changed how actions are created.

3. dmarot

dmarot

How do I implement the provided playmaker actions for Ootii Mount Points? When I try to use the Add Skinned Item action, I am only able to define the Mesh Resource Path as a variable instead of just being able to define the path itself. Same issue with connect mount points. If invoice # are needed please let me know as I've got pretty much every Ootii asset at this point. Thank you for any help you can provide

4. resequenced

resequenced

I've been using Mount Points for about a year to manage customisation of my protagonist's clothes, hair, etc. It's been an excellent solution for this.

The game is on Steam and has about 700 different items defined using Mount Points. I've just added another 81 items for a Halloween update, and Unity is presenting the following error on build:

Serialized file size of 4.18 GB (4487047916 bytes) exceeds maximum. File name: 'I:/Unity/Resequenced/Temp/StagingArea/Data/resources.assets'. Serialized files over 4.00 GB (4294967295 bytes) cannot be loaded by the player. Some likely ways to reduce this are utilizing asset bundles, re-balancing asset locations, or limiting their serialized size e.g. limiting the maximum texture sizes.

There's also a general thread about this issue: https://forum.unity.com/threads/bug-4gb-limit-to-textures-in-standalone-build.441116/

So it appears I can't add any more items as /Resources has exceed 4GB. Has anyone else reported this limitation? Is there a workaround for MP?

5. Tryz

Tryz

Playmaker uses the variables. You need to add the path to Playmakers blackboard that holds variable values. That's just how Playmaker works.

I haven't used Playmaker in a long time, but I'm assuming it still works this way.

6. Tryz

Tryz

Unfortunately, no work around for MP. Since I rely on Unity Resources, if that has this limit, I can't change that.

7. resequenced

resequenced

No problem - thanks for confirming.