Search Unity

Motorbike racing game prototype

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by koberko, Nov 21, 2015.

1. koberko

koberko

This is short project I did in last 2 days to test out idea for game I had. Basic idea is to have infinite highway where player can race in various motorbikes that he will unlock as he progress in game. Missions will vary from delivery mission, ruining from police, catching enemies of your motor bike gang, racing and endurance where you play as long as you can without dying (aka, spilling your brains over someones windshield). With earned credits and XP you will unlock and buy upgrades for your bike, and once you progress in to higher tier, you will be able to buy better bike. And end goal is to become head of your biker gang by reaching tier 10 and beating current boss in one-on-one race on deadly, traffic jammed, highway...
    Keep in mind that this is still just a prototype; so there are some pooping of models, visible spawning of cars (some extremely close to player), no audio, there are some pooling issues that result in frame rate variation, there is no collision, damage etc.

Game is made with various elements that are spawning in straight line, while "bending" of road is done by bending shader from assetstore: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/9750
    All shaders are unlit, so all shading, shadows, etc. is done in textures.

There is also android apk available: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=7EEDD4DD82FBEFF!464&authkey=!AKjzChoFkzm_ydw&ithint=file%2capk

Keep in mind that there is no collision or bounding area, so you can go out of map if you go to much on left or right...

SeanHoward3D likes this.
  2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Looks interesting so far.
    I think the road is too flat. Itd be interesting to see some hills and vallys and overpass elevation changes.
    Also - add tractor trailors. Im sure you have already thought of this.

Speedometer should probably be bigger too.
    Nice work on the mirrors.

3. koberko

koberko

Tnx for comment.
    This is just rough prototype that I'm now redesigning in to more proper product, and I will in it fix this issues that you have mentioned.

Mirrors are just texture rendered by back facing camera in quite lower resolution, so even they look OK, they are nothing special overall. :)

4. tim_tim_

tim_tim_

How did you realize the physics of the motorcycle?