Search Unity

Motionbuilder to unity knee bend.

Discussion in 'Animation' started by kanga, Nov 5, 2013.

1. kanga

kanga

It looks like unity takes reference from the hips of a character. I used a reference bone and placed it from the crotch to the floor and yet if I bend my character's knees the feet come up instead of the pelvis going down. Everything is at 0,0,0.

Any ideas welcome.

2. kanga

kanga

This is a pretty big problem as the pivot point for the model is on the ground. The Cntrl:Reference is also on the ground. There must be users out there that animate their own characters, I cant believe you guys only use Miximo|!

3. halley

halley

If you animate a crouching motion (knees bent, feet still on floor), you will have to animate the drop in the hips (the origin of the skeleton stays on the ground). You can't just bend the knees and expect it to drop your figure to the ground unless you animate a physics collider to match the foot position accurately. If you're using root motion you need to check which setting (apply Y root motion or not) works for your situation; I forget which way worked for my character that has to kneel.

4. kanga

kanga

halley thanks!
    Yeah the knees were not animated, just the pelvis like you said. But also like you said applying Root Transform on the 'y' axis did the trick.

Thanks a million
    Cheerio