Search Unity

Motion Controllers dont show when I change scene

Discussion in 'VR' started by enigmatime, Dec 8, 2017.

1. enigmatime

enigmatime

I use unity 2017.2 mrtp5 together with holotoolkit dev branch and I see the two motion controllers and the teleporter, but when I change scene they disappear. My headset is the ACER HMD.

2. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

It sounds like a scripting error on the project. Unfortunately, Unity doesn't work on that code at all so we can't really speak to what they're doing. If you can repro this without MRTK on a min-repro project then perhaps we have a bug on us but I would report your issue to the GitHub page for MRTK and see if they have insight toward how they handle scene changes.

3. 265lutab

265lutab

How are you handeling scene loading? Are you using SceneManager.LoadScene(levelName); When I use that unity is crashing.

4. SysErr

SysErr

I am having the same issue. I add a sign, when I tap on it it does a SceneManager.LoadSceneAsync ... once I get to the new scene, I have no motion controllers / cannot move. All my animations and models/prefabs loaded fine, and are moving around... I just can't move. If I exit the game, Unity's play button turns blue (not depressed) and Unity completely locks up.. have to task manager close it.