Search Unity

1. The 2022.1 beta is now available for testing. To find out what's new, have a look at our 2022.1 beta blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Motion Controller

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Tryz, Feb 21, 2014.

1. khushalkhan

khushalkhan

count me in as beta tester for your asset

AndyNeoman and magique like this.
  2. zKici

zKici

Hello,

#1 a) Wondering if there is an easy way to make the character slide while on ice material
    b) and get boost while on a speed / boost material

#2 Thanks for the Unet tutorial on youtube, it answered a lot of questions regarding making it multiplayer. Would the spell casting motion pack be compatible with turning it into Mirror / Fishnet multiplayer? (They are based on Unet)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  3. crazymonkey7787

crazymonkey7787

Hello, quick question, hopefully.

I'm using the interaction system to pick up shot arrows. Before I pick up the shot arrow I check to see if I have room in the inventory using a max quantity variable I added and update the UI for my current amount of arrows. Besides the max quantity most of the logic is on the arrow core script. I would like to use a reactor instead but when I use 300, interaction, the script is not called on the reactor.

Thanks.

4. KeithBrown

KeithBrown

I wonder if @Tryz is still around?

5. FargleBargle

FargleBargle

No posts from @Tryz since May, and hardly any from @TeagansDad either. Hope they're OK, and just busy doing other things. Looks like we're on our own. :(

Recon03 likes this.
  6. KeithBrown

KeithBrown

I hope Tryz is just busy and not abandoning the assets. They are so much better than the others by leaps and bounds. It would be nice to see the AI solution and climbing be completed but somehow I feel that will not be the case.

Recon03 likes this.
  7. Recon03

Recon03

Is this the whole thing?? I know Tim and Teagan are not around, I still use Motion Controller mostly for prototyping and letting the kids use . but, I made my fair share of climbing mechanics. Maybe it may be a decent idea to start something up for Motion controller? what do you guys think. we could all share it some where ones we know that own it? not motion controller itself, but just the updated, climbing, that needs to be done? thoughts?

I don't have alot of free time, but we could consider, setting up a GIT or something for custom work, to add to free climb or something.

8. FargleBargle

FargleBargle

That's all I've got so far. I needed a solution for tilted ladders, and this provided it. I haven't tried to expand it into a more full featured climbing system, but if the code I posted inspires others to take it further, they're welcome to do so. And remember that Tim posted a free alpha version of his own climbing system before the new job, so there's another source to draw from.

9. Recon03

Recon03

Ya, I have like I said I made my own controller, climbing all together, I suggested this, just to help out those that may still use this controller. My kids use it to play around once in awhile, and I download for a fast prototype other wise, I don't use much myself.

10. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

The last email that I received from Tim was in May 2021. I have tried e-mail him a couple of times since then, but haven't had a response. He did answer one question on the ootii.com forum back in November, so he is still around. I'm assuming that he's just extremely busy.

2021 was an extraordinarily difficult year for me. My mother passed away in March due to complications from her Parkinson's, and we had to say goodbye to our 16 year old dog a few weeks later. Then add all of the additional stressors from the COVID situation (including a few months of partial home schooling, which was a nightmare for all of us) on top of that, and I just sort of lost the interest and motivation to do much Unity related work.

I was trying to keep up with bug fixes and enhancements to the ootii suite of assets, but while I have access to the source repository, I can't push out any updates to the Asset Store. I am sure there are ways that I could publish updates and have them applied to users' existing source code, but that all sounds like too much of a headache for me to deal with and support on a regular basis.

I do still try and have a quick look in here once in a while to see if there are any questions that I can answer. Did kind of forget about it as we got into the business of the holiday season though.

Dropping in here and writing a bit is actually sparking a little interest in returning to Unity. I'll have to see if that turns into anything.

makeshiftwings, dmenefee and Recon03 like this.
  11. Recon03

Recon03

Sorry to hear that, its been a rough last 2 years .. We lost our 16 year old dog as well , my aunt/Uncle, in the same month. Lost a few friends as well. Alot more deaths been happening due to non covid, to alot of people in the last 2 years. I hear this alot from friends, they lost alot of people lately...

It adds to the stress of everything else... Losing a pet sucks, ours had a heart attack, and passed... Its like losing a child. ( we lost our 2nd other dog, she was 17 in 2019. as well. So its like never ending. They both where older dogs.

I talk to Tim once, he has been super busy, (Which I can relate to as well..) My kids are using Unity to learn, since they been home for 2 years from lock downs in Michigan. So, I been home schooling so I had to ask Tim a question. He did reply...

By the sounds of it, sounds like MC, will not get updated anymore, but he will still support it when he can. I personally don't use MC anymore myself anyways, kids do, but teaching them to make there own controller. I don't use Unity as much since I retired, I develop mostly in Unreal. Kids will be moving over there soon as well. But MC served a good purpose while I would prototype..

unityunity