Search Unity

1. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Let us know a bit about your interests, and if you'd like to become more directly involved. Take our survey!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Motion Controller

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Tryz, Feb 21, 2014.

1. PiterQ70

PiterQ70

I want to see this ;)

2. Tryz

Tryz

Since Unity's PhysX engine uses layers, that's the much faster approach for filtering objects you can climb. While you could use a combination of layers and tags, that's not something I do natively. You could create a custom motion that does.

3. Tryz

Tryz

In the MC's User's Guide, I talk about the SetTargetPosition() function to have the character move towards a target. That's on page 30.

If you want to control the rotation and position at a lower level (meaning we ignore animation-based movement), I talk about that in the Actor Controller's Guide (page 7).
    SetPosition()
    SetRotation()

Your IDE's Object Browser is a great resource for looking at the function descriptions and arguments.

StayUpLate and TeagansDad like this.
  4. Tryz

Tryz

Please email tim@ootii.com the project. It's easier for me to look at what's going on with the setup directly vs. trying to reproduce it... and telling you I can't. :)

5. PiterQ70

PiterQ70

OK this is clear form me now :) If I need this I will try make custom motion.

6. PiterQ70

PiterQ70

OK I will tommorow

7. Appminis

Appminis

Perfect, thanks!

Tryz likes this.