Search Unity

Motion Controller

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Tryz, Feb 21, 2014.

1. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

@Weblox - No need to manually rename the files; the "sword and shield crouching (2)" format is correct. I think that Mixamo may have changed the naming conventions a couple of times, so the docs are incorrect.

What's super annoying is that the file names are descriptive, but the actual animation clip names (within each .fbx file) are always "mixamo.com" which make it more difficult to verify that you're using the correct animation clips in your animator (if you're setting something up manually).

Tryz and Weblox like this.
  2. Salja

Salja

3. Weblox

Weblox

Thanks @everyone for all the help and the link.

Why did the required Framefrate for those animations change from 60 FPS from the video setup to 30 FPS in the User's Guide? Do we use the same framerate ( ? now 30 FPS ? ) for all Ootii's Packs ?

Again thanks for all the support.

Tryz likes this.
  4. Salja

Salja

Mixamo has change sometime ago his website and animations, so the user guild is uptodate and the video is a bit outtodate, 30fps is right

5. eblumrich

eblumrich

I know this might sound like a silly question, but after spending an hour scouring google, the ootii forums, and their documentation, I have to ask it here:

How do I see / modify the keyboard inputs for motion controller?

Ya see, I am trying to integrate the "sneak" animation I have, and have set it up within the animator/blendtrees, etc as I have my other animations.

I run the scene, and I try to hit "CTRL" for "sneak" as that is standard. My character does not sneak.

I wonder if I didn't set the animations up correctly, and then I realize: I don't know how to even see how Ootii Motion Controller sets up the keyboard controls for such motions as "Sneak."

So- Any help on this? Again: spent about 65 minutes trying to find an answer in all the usual locations, and not a whisper, or a hint.

Any advice ya'll can provide would be really helpful, here.

Thanks!

6. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

@eblumrich - Easiest thing is just to set it up manually. Add a "Sneak" entry to the Unity Input Manager and define the key(s) there -- or if you have EasyInput, you can just do it there.

Then just enter "Sneak" as your motion's Action Alias.

Tryz likes this.
  7. StayUpLate

StayUpLate

This is really easy with easyinput :) Also; default key for sneak is T, I believe.

8. Tryz

Tryz

You shouldn't have to rename anything.

For example, I support the names with "(2)" in them. Just take those animations Mixamo gives in the .zip and I have a .meta match for them in my AnimationMeta.zip I talk about.

Make sure you follow the steps in the User's Guide (page 2 and page 43). The flow in the video is correct, but some of the details are different due to Mixamo changes (and now my latest updates).

Also, make sure you download all the animations as 30FPS or timings will be off. I mention that in the docs and in the videos there should be a YouTube pop-up correcting it if the video itself is wrong. I remember doing that a while back.

I plan on re-doing all the videos. It just takes time.

Weblox likes this.
  9. Tryz

Tryz

Well... looks like @Salja and @TeagansDad beat me too the replies. (They rock!)

After all the videos were done, Mixamo changed the names and in one case even if you set it to 60 FPS animations... they would give you the 30 FPS version. So, I ended up punting and moving everything back to 30 FPS to avoid confusion. I then added a YouTube pop-up at that point in the video that said to use the 30 FPS version... but I just found out YouTube changed how they are doing pop-ups... or 'cards'... so maybe that is gone now. :(

With the latest update out. My plan is to re-do all the videos in the next week or two. I'm also updating all the documentation. I'm sorry you're caught in the limbo. :(

Weblox likes this.
  10. Tryz

Tryz

@TeagansDad and @StayUpLate are right.

What I talk about in the documentation and video are 'Input Sources' and 'Action Aliases'.
    I talk about them in this post and video and in the MC documentation (page 6 & 7).

In the MC's motion properties and my other assets, you'll see me use the term 'Action Alias'. This is the friendly name you give to the key press that makes an action happen: "Jump", "Fire", "Run", "Combat Attack", "Change Stance"...

That ties back to a standard Unity Input Manager entry where you can change the specific key.

Using something like Easy Input (or another input solution) allows you to change the key associated with the Action Alias at run-time. That isn't something Unity's native Input Manager allows you to do.

In the case of my 'Sneak' motion, I use the 'Change Stance' Action Alias which is set in Unity's Input Manager to the 'T' key.

11. Salja

Salja

Maybe it will help for the moment

Vog, FargleBargle, hopeful and 5 others like this.
  12. Tryz

Tryz

You rock! (and the music is great)

TeagansDad and Salja like this.
  13. Salja

Salja

Thanks, yeah music is German Gema free but Original song by Alan walker xD my English is to Bad thats why i make just subtitles

Tryz likes this.
  14. Weblox

Weblox

@Tryz - Thanks a lot for all the answers. In the meantime I have also discovered the Mixamo update videos on your channel where you already explained most of this. With all the Forum's help I have now been able to import MC along with SSMP/Archery/Spellcasting and the according Mixamo animations and your .meta files. Running the demos everything seems to work well, only the spellcasting demo let me experience some issues with the triggering of spells.

As of now, in the spellcasting demo, clicking LMB anywhere on screen will trigger the "teleport self" spell. The first click enters cast state, a second click will teleport (if ground is target). Trying to cast different spell by clicking in the skillbar will also LMB trigger the "teleport self" again, instead of actually clicking the skillbar button.

Please note that occasionally, it actually "clicks" the skillbar button and the according spell gets triggered, so I "know" that the other spells are also already working. I guess I am doing something simple terribly wrong, so any advice is greatly appreaciated.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work! :D

Awesome!!. Thanks for all the help & effort.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  15. IsntCo

IsntCo

Running into a couple of problems using MC/Archery with NPCs, shown here:
    https://gyazo.com/dcddd07ccc25001fab94668676abb5f6

1) NPCs pop up in animation going from the end of Shooting Arrow to Idle. I am using the standard Mixamo animations and set up described in the Archery tutorial. I've looked at the baked Idle pose, as well as the other animations, but can't see to find what is off

2) The Look IK on the NPCs doesn't seem to be working correctly. As you can see, they can't hit the player. I am using Behavior Designer for the AI and the Target is the Player (I've also tried different parts of the player but no change). Here are my settings:
    https://gyazo.com/5744ee1501d187ad65b4b47bb9a9a132

3) Lastly, it is random when NPCs decide to spawn the item they are equipping. About half of the time, the NPC spawns the bow object, the other times he doesn't (he still plays the shooting animations, but there is no bow/arrow). The Bow and Arrow are in the Resources folder.

Insight appreciated.

Thanks!

16. Necka_

Necka_

Ah! GEMA

So basically it's one of the 5 songs allowed for free in Germany :D

Those stupid people living in another century...

Ah sorry! getting away from the topic, wanted to say Thank you Salja for this nice video :)

Salja and Tryz like this.
  17. Tryz

Tryz

2 things to check:

1. On the Basic Spell Casting properties, make sure no "Attack Alias" is set. This would allow the motion to activate directly by a mouse click.

2. On the Basic Spell Inventory, make sure no "Action Alias" is set. This would also allow the motion to activate directly on a mouse click.

When both of those are blank, I'm only casting when a button is pressed. Can you double-check those?

Weblox likes this.
  18. Tryz

Tryz

I see the popping and it's definitely something about the transition into the shooting animation, but I can only guess that it has to do with Unity re-targeting the Mixamo animations onto your character's skeleton. Any chance you changed the animation settings from my .meta files?

Are you able to send me that archerer? If so, send it to tim@ootii.com and I'll try it.

Since you're dealing with NPC, make sure you use the 'Quick IK Angles'. The IK Angles property wants to use the camera to help aiming, but since NPCs don't have that.

The only time I've seen that is when the animations were downloaded at 60 FPS vs. 30 FPS. Can you confirm you've got the right version?

My other thought is that maybe the AI isn't calling for the bow to be equipped. This may be one where you have to step through the AI to see if it's actually calling the equip motion.

19. IsntCo

IsntCo

Sure, will do that. I didn't change anything - and I just re-imported your .meta files again just to double check.

Can you recommend what those Quick IK Angle settings should be? And should I set IK Angles to 0, 0 instead of the default 0, -7 ?

I have the latest version of everything definitely. Is it required for my AI code to call it to be equipped? I was relying on the Basic Inventory that has "Equip on Start" already checkmarked:

It just seems strange because the AI acts like a bow is equpped (plays all the right animations) but it never actually instantiates the bow/arrow (50% of the time).

20. Necka_

Necka_

Just did the update of all the packages, maybe I missed something, but am I supposed to delete all MC/AC and so on scripts from my characters and do that from scratch?

When I click on my main player with all MC setup I have that spammed in the console:

upload_2018-10-3_22-28-52.png

I did the upgrade by deleting the Ootii folder, deleting all references in the player settings, updating in the store all assets, importing all assets back in the project (Input source, Mount point, MC, shooter, sword and shield, archery and spell casting)

quick questions regarding the wizard: What layers are setup by default? I have my own layer setup I don't want it to be altered, but I want the wizard to work properly of course

edit: I saw that on my player the Motion controller is missing lots of options while throwing those errors in the console

upload_2018-10-3_23-19-35.png

Entering play mode fix it, but then it comes back after any recompile or restarting Unity :(

Edit2: Importing the Swim motion pack seems to fix that issue. The weird part is: I never had the Swim pack in this current project...

21. Malbers

Malbers

Hey guys Ootii's Integration with HAP has being Updated to the latest version of both Assets
    if you find any other funny bugs please let us know
    Cheers!

Attached Files:

StayUpLate, Tryz, Weblox and 3 others like this.
  22. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

No, you shouldn't need to delete the components from your characters and do it over from scratch. I tried very, very hard to avoid making people have to do that. ;)

If you're not using Assembly Definition Files (.asmdefs), then all runtime code gets compiled into one of two assemblies:

• Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (Everything within the "Assets/Plugins" and "Assets/Standard Assets" top-level folders)
    • Assembly-CSharp.dll (Everything else)
    So prior to this update, all of the code in the "Assets/ootii" folder was compiled into Assembly-CSharp.dll, along with most of the other code in your project. So the Swimming Pack motions (well, all of the motions), were serialized as belonging to Assembly-CSharp.dll. But now we've got .asmdefs in play, so those motions are now contained within the ootii.dll assembly.

What's happening here is that it's trying to resolve the type of those Swimming Pack motions and failing, as they are no longer contained within Assembly-CSharp. When I modified the serialization code, I changed it so that it if it fails to resolve the type from the assembly that the serialization data says that it belongs to, I then have it attempt to resolve a type with the same name from the "ootii" assembly. If that fails, then I iterate through all loaded assemblies and try to resolve the type from each one. If It manages to resolve the type successfully, then I change the assembly name in the serialization data when the type is serialized again. If it fails after trying to resolve from all loaded assemblies, then I remove the serialization data altogether, as otherwise the Motions being created are using the wrong index for serialization and you see some really wonky behaviour.

If it's doing this every time you click on the player... Well, the invalid definitions aren't getting cleaned up properly. :cool: I did test importing various character prefabs that I created in earlier versions and the motions were by and large resolved properly. But I'm sure that we missed some configurations, unfortunately. What is the stack trace for the previous entry in the error log (the ArgumentOutOfRangeException)?

If you look in Assets\ootii\Assets\MotionController\Content\Data\Setup, there is an asset file named "Default Motion Controller Layers" -- that's where the Wizard pulls the list of layers to set up:

upload_2018-10-3_14-24-16.png

Layers 9 to 14 are all from the various Motion Controller demos. I added the default layer used by Post Processing Stack v2, and I also added a Physics Objects layer, as generally you'll want to exclude that from the Actor Controller's "collisions" layer mask.

I should add an "I understand; don't bother me again" setting next to the CW's prompt to set up the default layers.

Necka_ likes this.
  23. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

@Necka_ - If those messages come up every time you click on the character, then you may just need to do something that forces reserialization. Try making a prefab out of the character. If the character is already from a prefab, then try making a new prefab from the character first; if that works, then drag the scene character to the old prefab to overwrite it.

If that doesn't work, I can show you how to edit the .asset file in a text editor to remove or fix the offending Motion Definitions.

24. Necka_

Necka_

Oki thanks for the detailled answer, I've deleted the Assembly-CSharp (and all other files) from my project root and forced them to regenerate prior to the installation though. And never had the Swimming pack in this project, that's weird. I'm not sure what was the solution here, but importing the actual swimming pack works... I hope I benefits from the latest improvements anyway

For the layers, I guess if I manage that myself in the advanced tabs of the motion controller I'm not going to have any issues

I now need to add your Adventurer pack and check if it's still working fine - do you think it will?

25. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

Did you import the character as a prefab from an older project that had the Swimming Pack installed?

The main thing is that the Character Wizard will configure the collision and grounding layers on the ActorController using the default layer values. In Basic Mode, it will set the layer mask for the Climb, Vault, etc motions based on those values as well. You can change those masks in Advanced Mode when setting up a Profile for the Character Wizard, or you can change them manually afterwards.

The CW started off as a simple utility to quickly get a functional character up and running with a minimal amount of fuss, and to do that, I needed to make certain assumptions. It kind of expanded beyond that and took on a life of its own. ;) Right now, some of the functions in the CharacterSetupHelper.cs use the int values from the DefaultLayers.cs class when setting up layer masks. Eventually, I'd like to have it load a Layer Definition Set asset instead, so that users can swap the default set with their own setup. But it doesn't do that right now.

Nope, absolutely not.

However, it just so happens that I have an updated version pretty much ready to go. I'll PM you a link to the files and you can test them out for me. ;)

Tryz likes this.
  26. eblumrich

eblumrich

I cannot believe I missed EasyInput - thanks!

Before it's all over, Ootii's gonna have all my $...

Tryz likes this.
  27. Necka_

Necka_

Oki for the layers, I might update mine to have the "no fuss" part actually :)

And I'm definitely looking forward for your updated package then, You know how much I love playing with those attack style!

Tryz likes this.
  28. paifu

paifu

Hello, I finally decided myself to stop using UFPS not well adapted at what I was aiming for and bought a bunch of your assets to get my project going (Camera controller / Motion Controller / Sword&shield / Archery / Swimming / Spellcasting).

Everything is going great so far, but I have a problem, I enabled Targeting on the camera rig, and changed the shortcut for Blocking on (mouse 1) ,same as Targeting (mouse 1). So the player enter on targeting mode while blocking and start strafing as I wanted, a bit like when the player start targeting with a bow.
    I have set Sword and Archery on Layer1 so I can shoot or hit while walking.

This is working but as soon as soon as I start blocking the character start looking towards the left, this is happening on idle or when I walk up or down, but if I go left or right the player is behaving correctly looking towards the center of the screen.
    What can I do to force the player to always face the camera direction while targeting on block mode? I tried to set the Basic Melee Block motion on Rotate with camera, but its not changing anything. The targeting is set on rotate anchor.

Thanks.

29. Tryz

Tryz

This morning I pushed some new updates to fix a build error.

IF you already deleted the 'Assets/ootii' folder for that last bug update, you DO NOT need to delete the folder again. These updates will just go right on top of the last update.

hopeful likes this.
  30. Tryz

Tryz

Unfortunately, this is the magic of using Unity's animator layers and blending to different animations together. Mixamo's animation really were not built for blending. :(

In the normal full-bodied block animation, the character's hips face the right and the shield faces forward. So, the shield is "left relative to the hips" and the hips face to right.

In the normal full-bodied idle animation, the character's hips face forward.

When you blend them using Unity's animator layers, the hips are controlled by the lower body (the idle animation) and the shield is controlled by the upper body (the block animation). Since the shield is relative to the hips, the shield now looks like it's blocking towards the left.

The way I get around this with the attack for both sword and bow is that I use run-time bone rotations to twist the upper body so it's facing the right direction. I don't have that logic in the block motion.

I'll add that to my to-do list, but it's a big list. So, I'm not sure when I'll get to it. If you want to tackle it on your own, you would look in the BasicMeleeAttack.cs and find the code where I rotate the spine. Then, you'd copy that code and supporting properties into BasicMeleeBlock.cs

I hope that all makes sense.

31. Salja

Salja

Tim if you can maybe you can give a update of your Roadmap :)

32. Tryz

Tryz

Once this big update is all settled, I've got the following:

1. Update documentation for changes
    2. Update videos for changes
    3. Get free advanced climbing motion pack out

I don't like talking too far ahead. :)

33. StayUpLate

StayUpLate

I'm curious about what is used more; the video tuts or the docs. I always assumed it was the docs but when I look at my own behavior, I have to say I could imagine video's being used more, or at least primarily. A doc is great to skim through if you know what to look for - imo. A video explains it more clearly if you're new, I think.

34. StayUpLate

StayUpLate

Cheers my man! Thanks for the update. :)

Tryz and Malbers like this.
  35. StayUpLate

StayUpLate

I had this issue before. Make sure that your character has it's avatar set up right. This might sound unrelated but for me it was the exact problem why he seemed to equip but then froze up.

Also; maybe the bow IS equiped but due to the local position/rotation the bow is off-screen. At runtime (important), can you find the instanced bow clone in the objects overview? If so, click it and then hit 'F' to focus.

If not, make sure the bow prefab is referenced correctly in the basic inventory of the character. Maybe try to drag the bow prefab into the GameObject field in the basic inventory.

Tryz likes this.
  36. Weblox

Weblox

@Tryz Amazing! That did the trick. I had to clearout the Attack Alias from "Spell Casting Cast", now everything seems to be working as expected and I can happily go through all the videos to get a feel for the MC.

One thing I noticed on importing the packages is Unity complaining about Broken text PPtr and Local file identifiers, that I also see in some of your videos.

The second is Unity frame by frame warnings in the spellcast_demo as shown in the screenie. Any advice about those?

PPtr_demo.PNG demo_spells.PNG

Also, at this stage, can I safely move the Mixamo animations outside of the Ootii folder (e.g: to my "Ootii_Project" Folder) , to easy update to the latest Ootii Version ?

As always - thanks in advance. :p

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    Tryz likes this.
  37. paifu

paifu

Hi thanks for your explanations, I found an RotateSpineToDirection only in the BasicRangedAttack.cs depending of the BasicArcheryMotion, but nothing to rotate the bones in the BasicMeleeAttack.cs I tried to emulate this on the BasicmotionBlock but without success at the moment.
    I think I will wait for an update on this one :)
    Fortunately I found an another block animation to replace the maximo one with the hip facing north and blending better with the walk animation.

Tryz likes this.
  38. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

That happens when Unity imports an animator controller built in older versions of Unity (maybe 5.x). It has no detrimental effect on anything, but it's annoying when you import.

The Character Wizard actually creates the animator controllers completely from scratch, so Tim or I should be able to easily recreate the demo ones and get rid of those error messages (but it's not a high priority).

39. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

I've finished updating my "Animset Pro" motion packs for the new Motion Controller 2.8. If anybody would like to test them for me before I put them up on the Vault, please PM me.

The packs include:

Movement Animset Pro
    Female MAP
    Sword Animset Pro
    Sword & Shield Animset Pro
    Longsword Animset Pro
    Two-handed Sword Animset Pro (Riko)

Tryz, hopeful, StayUpLate and 3 others like this.
  40. eblumrich

eblumrich

Updated Unity, and WOAH:

upload_2018-10-4_14-20-31.png

Essentially, my builds are being interrupted by a LOT of assembly reference issues in Ootii Assets...

I went ahead and updated/re-imported all the Ootii assets, and it doesn't seem to alter the issues at all.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: DISREGARD- FOUND THE SOLUTION.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    Tryz likes this.
  41. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

@eblumrich - Was everything fine before you updated to Unity 2018.2.11f1?

Double check that the Assembly Definition File named "ootii.Editor" (located in Assets/ootii/Editor) still has a reference to the "ootii" assembly:

upload_2018-10-4_11-33-12.png

Tryz likes this.
  42. eblumrich

eblumrich

Thanks so much for the comprehensive answer!

One last thing: any way to restore "rotate" to "sneak?" The "strafe" thing doesn't exactly work with the kind of model I am using.

Thanks again!

43. StayUpLate

StayUpLate

Any of you fine lads interested in my remaining Humble Bundle keys for Asset Store?

I have a spare key for:

- uMMORPG (gone)
    - Gaia
    - Inventory Pro

DM Me.

Weblox and Tryz like this.
  44. Tryz

Tryz

It really is about 50/50. Personally, I really like docs with lots of images. However, I had enough people ping me for videos that I realized I had to have them too.

Every time I fall behind on the docs or videos, I get a (deserved) poke to get them up to date. :)

45. Tryz

Tryz

Unfortunately, this is a know issue in Unity. When you build an animator in one version (say Unity 5) and load that in another version (ie Unity 2018), Unity gives the error. Just clear it and it stays away. I hate it, but I can't really fix it and keep the same package for Unity 5, Unity 2017, and Unity 2018.

For the layout warnings, I'm not seeing them. What are you viewing in the inspector when these come up? I'm usually pretty good about making sure they don't exist.

Any details you can give me about what you were viewing will help me find it.

Yeah. Once the .meta files are unzipped and the animator is setup you can move them.

The issue will be if you need to setup a new animator. I look for the animation in the path that I set. So, if you move them, you'll need to change the 'Centralized Animation Path':

Weblox likes this.
  46. Tryz

Tryz

You'd have to create your own sneak motion. You could do this by copying the BasicWalkRunPivot motion and state machines. For example, you could call it BasicSneakPivot and BasicSneakPivot-SM.

Then, change the animations and the "Any State" transition conditions to use the sneak stance values.

If you want to go down this road and get stuck, feel free to email tim@ootii.com and I'll help how I can.

47. Losnar

Losnar

Greetings and sorry in advance, as I got most of the "orange" packs in one bunch and am still wrapping my head over it all. And another apology for the HUGE WALL post below
    I'm more of 3d artist and a weirdo when it comes to coding as I tend to understand the logic and flow of the code I see, but on the other hand there is this "blank sheet" problem when it comes to make something or add huge parts of logic. So I tend to find messy solutions and work around just for the sake of making a protopype of a sort and turn my friends( who are way better at coding) life to hell asking them to tidy up the mess I create.

Happened to stumble upon the same problem, but before trying to mess around with it, wanted to ask if it is even doable without a big fuss.

Assume the conditions:
    1) I'm using the Camera controller.
    2) The motions used are Strafe motions and I don't go for the situations where a character can face the camera.
    3) I do have the Bone controller asset.

* What I would like to go for is:
    1) Get the character to rotate only when the Camera is at a certain angle compared to the character, other wise make the character look in the dicection of the CamView.(DIsable the option while targeting "down sights"
    Was thinking about using the Look at motor from the bone controller but wonder if there is a better way than:
    Create an object to be infront of the character with the same behavior as the CC's fixed motor but with inverted axi's
    2) WIth Bone controller, Twist the spine to solve the above mentioned problem VIA the Look at motor set up for the spine and targeting the object from point1.
    3) Some Spell's would need a target location ( like say teleport self) but the idea of "pause" state feels out of place for a dynamic game, so the need for point1 came from here:
    Make a SlowMo effect when targeting action is needed, and exclude the character itself from the SlowMo effect. To smoothen the flow and prevent the character from wildly spinning around to face the targeting direction, use point1 to assure the flow: minor cursor movement is followed by the head only, once a certain angle is reached the character would rotate to cathc up (and thus allow to select a point 360 degree from the character)

The thing is I get a strong feeling it won't go as easy, and I may not gotten all the basic's of the packs right... Maybe someone could point out the "obvious issues" from first glance in this flow, some thing to take in consideration, or an easier solution?
    Final destination is to get as close as possible to a Non-Target combat system, with the least possible amount of animations used (good ones are pricy, and Bone Controller so far gives a feeling it may aid with the blending of animations with fewer animated transitions)

PS Assuming point 1 and 2 work out, would there be any major problems to set that motor as a target to allow the melee attack get an angle based of the direction the camera is faced?

48. Salja

Salja

.Net4 issues, i don´t know whats going on but my camera make all self if i switch from .NET 3.5 to 4

The issue is just at .NET 4 at 3.5 works fine

49. Weblox

Weblox

That's totally fine and compatibility is always welcome. I just wanted to make sure I have set up everything correctly, and @TeagansDad was so helpful to point that out.

Since you are not seeing any of those messages, I guess that's a Unity thing. I just reverted my Unity Layout to Factory Settings and that seems to have fixed the warning. Thanks anyway.

Thanks for the Screenshot. That was so helpful. So the 'Centralized Animation Path' is a path to a root folder or pointing directly to an animation?

@Tryz - I have already watched the amazing new Tutorial videos on your Channel and I will target the Spellcast Series next, as I literally can't wait to use Kryptos FX. Especially your "SCMP - Create Spell # 1' video is extremely helpful.

I also hope to see more videos of you creating new spells from scratch in the Spell Editor with Kryptos FX. Particular the workflow between Motion Controller / Spell editor / Archery Motion Pack & Kryptos Archery FX would be of great interest.

Thanks for all the support and keep up the good work!!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    Tryz likes this.
  50. StayUpLate

StayUpLate

Hi Tim,

I'm changing the Health value of the Basic Attributes via simple line of code:

Code (CSharp):
    1. _ootiiBasicAttributes.SetAttributeValue<float>("Health", Health);
    This works, I can see the value change in the basic attributes at runtime. However wheneverthe value reaches 0 the "Death state" is not triggered. This death state DOES get triggered whenever I get shot by NPC so it's there. Probably just not triggered on Health == 0.

On searching I did find this: https://ootiigames.com/?p=445. Probably I need to activate BasicKilledReactor but I was wondering if that is documented as well? Google left me searching only finding this URL :)

Edit: I did find this as well: https://ootiigames.com/?page_id=17 Looking into it!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    Tryz likes this.