Search Unity

Most of "My Assets" List Out of Date Versions w/ No Option to Update

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by suspect7, Aug 27, 2020.

1. suspect7

suspect7

I just updated to Unity 2020.1.3f1, and started a fresh project. This was my first time being forced to use the Package Manager, so it's possible I'm missing something...

When I look at Packages: My Assets, most of them are well out of date versions - often years behind the actual releases on the Asset Store. And many of them have no way to update them. I've tried refreshing, restarting Unity, restarting the computer, nothing so far has had any effect.

Is this a known issue? Am I missing something I should be doing? Are there any workarounds available?

Any help would be much appreciated!

2. obsidian1269

obsidian1269

I am having the same issue and have been pulling my hair out. Someone please fix this or at least give us access to downloading assets on the website again. Very frustrating...

3. Mythica_Spunky

Mythica_Spunky

I have this same problem. Cannot update my Assets. Package Manager is also not listing the latest version of the Asset.

4. Skewbald_Mare

Skewbald_Mare

I'm having this issue on 2019.3.11f1, although assets that were updated via the asset store webpage tab are showing correctly.

5. Shaunyowns

Shaunyowns

The issue is potentially fixed already in the latest 2020.2 and 2020.1 (2020.2.0b2 & 2020.1.5f1)

However, we'd still like some details such as

- What Unity version are they using?
    - Do they see any errors in the console?
    - Are these downloaded assets shown as up to date before they upgrade to the new unity version?

6. Miguel_TagaiArts

Miguel_TagaiArts

It's happening again to me in 2020.2.1f1 (no errors in Console), I'm filing a bug report packing my project.

EDIT: Here's a link to the bug case.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  7. Ghosthowl

Ghosthowl

I am having the same issue. Trying the fix suggested in Miguel_LZ's report results in one log and one error:

Code (CSharp):
    1. [Package Manager Window] Error while getting product update details: Server response is "{"error":"Something wrong, please retry later","requestId":"8c038c8c-d4b3-4e4d-8be4-40179210d20a"}" [Code 301]
    2. UnityEditor.AsyncHTTPClient:Done (UnityEditor.AsyncHTTPClient/State,int)
    4. [Package Manager Window] 404 Not Found. Something went wrong. Please try again later.
    5. UnityEditor.AsyncHTTPClient:Done (UnityEditor.AsyncHTTPClient/State,int)
    So now I can't download the asset anymore. Unity 2020.2.3f1.

8. Kronnect

Kronnect

Is the fix already ported to latest 2019 LTS?

9. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Apologies for the delay in reply. Yeah, this should have been backported to that version.