Search Unity

$$ More Unity Example Projects Needed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JeffAU, Mar 22, 2009.

1. JeffAU

JeffAU

Hi all,

A local school has asked me to come in and demo some game development environments and Unity really looks perfect. However I would need some additional sample games and example projects or tutorials.

Can anyone point me to any web resources which contain more example projects than those available on the Unity site?

I don't have a substantial budget but I could pay someone for some sample projects. A simple driving game 3D or topdown would be good, asteroids, a 2d space shooter, a more elaborate platformer, maybe a snake game and a tron motorbike game. Also a simple Atari Combat game with 2 tanks avoiding obstacles and shooting at each other could be good.

2. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

There's this. It's not a complete game, but there's also this.

--Eric

3. JeffAU

JeffAU

Hey Eric5h5 - that's perfect thanks. Does anyone know of any more projects out there? Please keep in mind the offer for payment for some simple projects. They don't need to be finished games, just a starting point with some fun playable features.

4. Thomas-Lund

Thomas-Lund

My SmartFoxServer API contains 4 tutorials with complete Unity porjects and sources included - http://www.smartfoxserver.com/labs/API/

The first 2 are maybe not that interesting (basic conection, lobby system). The 3rd is a working multiplayer tic-tac-toe game, and the 4th is the island demo as a "online chat world"

5. taumel

taumel

What's missing with the Unity tutorials is that there doesn't exists a set of tutorials for different purposes which build on each other.

First small tutorials with small goals. Then tutorials which deal with specific topics and then the larger ones with full projects.

Same goes for the video tutorial section.

6. JeffAU

JeffAU

Hey Thomas yeah the Island project looks amazing. I'd love to log in and explore but it takes me to the login window asking for an address and port. Is there a server running which I could log in to?

Yeah taumel I agree. A wider selection of tutorials in different styles would be very powerful.

7. Thomas-Lund

Thomas-Lund

Hey Jeff

You got to download the server part - the Unity demo is solely the client part - grab it from www.smartfoxserver.com

Download e.g. the pro version (free for up to 20 simultaneous connections), start it and run the tutorial

:)

Best
    Thomas