Search Unity

Feedback More thread prefixes

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by Favo-Yang, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Favo-Yang

Favo-Yang

I wonder if we could add two more thread prefixes - Bug and Feature request, I've seeing more thread with [bug] prefix already.

And maybe remove the useless Feedback prefix (the blue one I'm using), almost all threads are some sort of feedback.

2. unity_bill

unity_bill

I'm not the forum master, but my guess is that Unity hasn't put a "bug" tag because the forums are not really the best place to file bugs. Unity has a bug report tool. I come here to keep an eye out for bugs, specifically because we are in preview. Today this isn't the best way to get a bug looked at (the tool is), but once we are out of preview, it'll be even harder to get bugs surfaced this way. There will likely be more and more conversation on this forum than bug reports, which will hurt the odds of a bug getting noticed by someone that can do something about it.

Moral of the story, if you have a bug, file a bug report. I'll do my best to occasionally look at them here, but we have an entire staff of people specifically set aside to triage and assist with bugs filed through the bug tool.

3. Favo-Yang

Favo-Yang

Sure, just saw @nik_d have reported many very specific issues with solutions on the forum, but with no reply yet. And I think sometime it's good to have a conversation about design issue, consider the system is still in preview.

Anyway, will report bug using bug reporter then.

unity_bill likes this.