Search Unity

1. Get the latest news, tutorials and offers directly to your inbox with our newsletters. Sign up now.
    Dismiss Notice

More scene view camera feedback

Discussion in '2019.1 Beta' started by hippocoder, Feb 25, 2019.

1. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape Moderator

1. please have option to remove acceleration as well Even if you turn all the options off, it will still slowly speed up. Honestly.... I don't want it :/ please make this optional as well.

2. The mouse wheel controlling the speed seems buggy because it requires you to be moving when you use it. Instead make it work while right mouse is pressed because people don't move long enough to adjust it in real world cases so it's frustrating instead of helpful.

3. Can I have an API so I can totally set whatever fun values I want? sorry if I missed it when looking.

2. Unity-Nikos

Unity-Nikos

Unity Technologies

Hi hippocoder, thanks for reaching out

1. The acceleration works the same way as in versions prior to the Camera Settings i.e. 2018.3. We have also identified the need for adding an option to disable it and are planning to add this in a future release.

2. This was implemented as you describe initially but was updated later to be able to change the speed only when the camera is moving, as it regressed existing functionality (being able to zoom with the mouse scroll wheel while in Fly mode). However, after discussing this further we feel we should revert this back to be able to change the speed even if the camera is not moving. The fix should follow in a future release.

3.There is an API documented here https://docs.unity3d.com/2019.1/Documentation/ScriptReference/SceneView.CameraSettings.html

LeonhardP likes this.
unityunity