Search Unity

More Real Trees Coming to the Asset Store!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, May 1, 2011.

1. BHS

BHS

Hey guys,

I've been making excellent progress in the effort to create SpeedTree like trees for Unity. I've been working on these leaves and they turned out great!

Here's the screenshots:
    $GreatTree.jpg
    $LeavesOnTree.jpg

Reminds me more of Gothic 4 than Oblivion..I'm not trying to giving myself too much credit but I think it does. All leaves are billboarded as before and can cast and receive full shadows. Tris count is 2,800 (Still lower than Unity's trees :p)

This tree (as well as altered versions of this tree) will be available on the Asset Store very soon! Please let me know if your interested. Some feedback would also be nice.

Last edited: May 1, 2011
  2. mk1978

mk1978

Looks nice! I have been trying to find a good looking birch tree for Unity. If think about creating a birch tree, please let me know.

3. Demostenes

Demostenes

It is looking very good. I would welcome some complete tree/bush pack (conifers, leafy tress for different clima zones...), because one tree is nice, but you cant usually use it, because it will be optically incompatible with other vegetation. We have many kinds of trees in our game and changing style of one means changing all of them.

4. WiZaxx

WiZaxx

Great tree!

I'm following your work with interest and ... would you take on a challenge?

Cheerz,
    Wz

5. BHS

BHS

@Everyone thanks guys, the new RealTrees Forest Pack will have plants, bushes, and trees all with the similar techniques as SpeedTree!

@WiZaxx Thanks, I just might..what's your challenge?

Last edited: May 2, 2011
  6. PizzaGuy213

PizzaGuy213

Aiming for something better than the, let's face it, outdated Obilivion graphics is credit worthy, imo! :D

7. WiZaxx

WiZaxx

@Ik Amination:
    I'll PM you not to steal the thread.

8. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

@wizaxx: we all would like to see your efforts!

9. WiZaxx

WiZaxx

hahaha!!
    better not, believe me ... as soon it exits the laughable state though I will post some pic