Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

More options.. make it better

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Player7, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Player7

Player7

First off

-Ability to start new project with bloody .net 4.0 selected, so I don't have to wait for a restart just to go through a bunch of menus to change player settings on that one thing.

-Option to quickly open file explorer to the Unity project folder

-Option to delete project from the Unity hub (with multiple dialog prompts asking are you sure? I usually make seperate projects for testing Unity assets, they pile up I can't stand them)

-The project listing list is garbage, why can't you actually show project size and last updated.. Path:, Unity version: ... and the rest of the entire line is empty space where more useful info could be fitted in.

-I'd also like to see managing packages for projects from the hub aswel.. seeing nothing is more annoying than loading Unity to wait for compile screen... and then do it again after a package change etc. Give us easier ways to do this... the hub is for managing things better, right now it's barely just above what the original launcher provided in features.

2. Baste

Baste

The first one there becomes moot with 2018.3, where the 4.0 runtime becomes the default. The other points are good - opening the file explorer and deleting projects has been asked for several times already.

3. Player7

Player7

ok then, well asset store packages and being able to manage and download those from the hub would be good

4. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

Thank you for your valuable suggestion.

Some of the features are in our plan, and will come in the future releases (e.g. removing projects)
    Our product team is constantly scanning the forums for suggestions like these.

Thanks again

Player7 likes this.