Search Unity

Question More lighting problems... *sigh*

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by PenProd, Mar 15, 2023.

1. PenProd

PenProd

I'm experiencing sooooo many problems with lighting... This one just started happening today.

This is the situation. I have a wall. The wall has a (hidden) panel. Since this panel can open and close, the panel is a Dynamic GameObject on a Static wall. The wall is using a Baked Lit shader, the panel a Simple Lit.

This is what it looks like (the panel is marked by the arrows):

upload_2023-3-15_17-29-16.png

I know it's a bit dark, it's a dark scene. The panel and the wall are lit the same, which is how it should be. But this is what happens if I change the viewing angle just slightly:

upload_2023-3-15_17-30-39.png

It all of a sudden loses all lighting. It does this when I view it from certain positions and in certain angles.

So the question (as with all my other posts here) is: what the heck is going on? the panel is a simple cube with a simpel material applied to it...

2. Pema-Malling

Pema-Malling

Unity Technologies

Hmmm.. this is strange. A few questions:
    - Which version of Unity are you using, and which render pipeline?
    - If you delete all other geometry in the scene, and leave the panel intact, do you still see the strange behavior?

3. PenProd

PenProd

Sorry for the late reply, but I've been experiencing lighting problems left and right lately...

Unity 2021.3.19f
    URP 12.1.10

Haven't tested that yet, will do so today.

4. PenProd

PenProd

I think the problem was caused by old occlusion data. After rebaking the occlusion data, the problem disappeared.