Search Unity

Feedback more details needed in the addressables groups window

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by laurentlavigne, Jun 27, 2020.

1. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

It's hard enough to unravel dependencies in addressable magic box. What's needed is more transparency on what dependencies were added.
    I'd like to see a panel at the right that shows all dependencies of the selected addressable, and, like rotating a database axis, a mode that shows all the assets included in a group on the left and on the right all the addressables that they stem from.
    Finally, we need to see the packed size of these assets and even better, an underlay of their relative size like what they do in the Input team: a horizontal bar under the text that represents the % of each group/total project.

Xarbrough, glitchers and JmprDev like this.
  2. AlienMe

AlienMe

+1

JmprDev likes this.
  3. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

I'll forward this bit of feedback to the team for you too!

4. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Bit of guidance from the team: We have our Analyze tool that should do some of this already. You can also extend Addressables by adding your own analyze rules

laurentlavigne likes this.
  5. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

Thanks, I'll try.
    I tried and the analyze window needs serious work: asset ping on select, replace hierarchical trees with something more readable.
    Build bundle layout is what I'm looking for. This needs integrated in the group window so we can remove duplicates (analyze has zero context menu, no ping in the group window, it's very pre-alpha in term of functionality).
    Fix is great.
    Duplicate dependencies, all shaders are, I don't think there is a way around as it's by design, therefore the rule should not include shaders. I guess this is where the suggestion to extending addressable analyze rule comes from. Addressable was advertised as being the easy asset bundle so the team needs to work on those.

Xarbrough likes this.