Search Unity

Games "Moonfront" : Single-player RTS/Base Builder on the Moon

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by ZerkyWerky, Sep 26, 2021.

1. ZerkyWerky

ZerkyWerky

What is “Moonfront”
    Moonfront is a single player sci-fi RTS game that takes place in the year 2051, the not too distant future.

The Earth Alliance of Nations (EAN) has learned that an aggressive alien species is approaching earth with the intention of conquering the planet and forcing it into servitude. They plan to land on the moon and establish multiple bases to launch attacks on Earth.

The mission? To proceed to the moon and establish a frontal base for which to engage the alien threat and deter or eliminate them upon their arrival.

I originally started the game in 2008 under the name of Maniacal Moon but abandoned it until in early 2021 I revived it and restarted in from scratch in Unity.

Gameplay

Players arrive with a complement of starter resources, worker droids and a few astronauts to run the show. With the given resources, build a startup base for which to provide some rudimentary facilities to progress. Build living quarters, laboratories, extractors, power generators and many other various structures. Scientist research can unlock new technologies and build bigger and better facilities and upgrade many various elements of droids, astronauts, rovers and facilities.

For the most part the game is functional and playable but there is still a lot to do. I have a composer friend who works with me doing music and some sound effects. Although I could always use more help in the way of coding and 2d art.

Assets
    Over the years I have accumulated quite a few assets from the Asset Store. Since I am no artist, I have to rely on assets I can find there. And I must say there are a lot of very wonderfully made assets made by all you good folks. And I must give you a whole hearted thank you!

Screenshots

Build up your base and build weapons to defend against attacks.

Custom shader that shows the amount of moon dust that accumulates on facilities and such.

Research and technology tree

Customs missions, story lines and random "grind" missions per map.

Buy resources or ships from earth or ship resources back to increase the budget.

Manage your astronauts.

2. ZerkyWerky

ZerkyWerky

Hey all, thanks for you support. It was nice to hear back from... none of you. :rolleyes: