Search Unity

MonoDevelop Will Not Open

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ILoveSMB, Jun 24, 2019.

1. ILoveSMB

ILoveSMB

So I was simply clicking open on the script, and all of a sudden it made me choose a way to open the script instead of opening MonoDevelop. I wasn't expecting that so I simply spammed the mouse button and it chose Chrome, and every time now I click open it opens a Chrome page. I set the default to notepad++, then uninstalled notepad++ as well as the entire Unity editor, then reinstalled a newer version of Unity. Then when I open the editor again, the open button wouldn't work at all.

I went into preferences and went to the editor settings. The "Open by file extension" option is always checked and no matter how I click it, it won't uncheck. The Reset Argument button won't do anything either. I looked up similar questions and the only answers I found were from 2015. On their screenshot there was an option that simply said use MonoDevelop, which doesn't appear on my screen at all.

Then I went to select open with on the file in the explorer and tried to look for MonoDevelop, and I couldn't find an executable of it. The only thing I could find was a file named "mono-2.0-bdwgc.pdb" which I suspect to be the editor.

A quick solution will be deeply appreciated.

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

MonoDevelop isn't installed by Unity anymore, and is no longer officially supported. VS is the bundled code editor now.