Search Unity

MonoDevelop-Unity 5.9 Preview Release

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by lukaszunity, Aug 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukaszunity

lukaszunity

Administrator

MonoDevelop 4.0.1 ships with Unity 5.2. MonoDevelop 5.9 will ship with Unity 5.3 in December.

What error are you getting when running on Win10? Did you unblock the zip file before extracting, as specified in the instructions?

2. AaronC

AaronC

Copying (sample code for eg) from a source outside MD and pasting into MD often doesn't work. Nothing pastes.
    It doesn't happen 100% of the time but leave it open long enough it happens

This is historic and also present behaviour.

3. lukaszunity

lukaszunity

Administrator

This is a known bug in MonoDevelop that I've been unable to reproduce.
    https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=16519

4. camilo.gonzalez

camilo.gonzalez

Yes, I unblocked it as per the instructions. The issue is that when I double click MonoDevelop.exe the application doesn't start. MonoDevelop 4 starts ok though.

I've tried some Compatibility settings (for e.g., running it with Windows 7 compatibility mode), but still the same result.

Have you seen this in the past?

(Note: I downloaded the file again and did the whole process again just in case, but no change)

5. lukaszunity

lukaszunity

Administrator

Do you have GTK# installed? Included in GTKSharp/gtk-sharp.msi. If you do not see a window when double clicking, then there is usually an issue with GTK#. You could also have multiple GTK# installations that are conflicting.

There might be a log file in <user name>\AppData\Local\MonoDevelop-Unity-5.0 or AppData\Local\-5.0 that has more details on the issue.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  6. camilo.gonzalez

camilo.gonzalez

Yeah, it was a GTK# issue, reinstalled and worked fine. Thanks!

7. AaronC

AaronC

Heres a few logs for the fire Lukaz. Most will have closed with fatal errors. The failed paste behaviour is prevalent also.

I quite like this version of MD now, I hope it thrives.

Attached Files:

8. bingheliefeng

bingheliefeng

Can I input chinese?

9. lukaszunity

lukaszunity

Administrator

10. Pharan

Pharan

Cool. So the REST integration is actually already being worked on?

11. Deleted User

Deleted User

Loving the beta so far. The REST and debugger changes are very nice.

However a couple of bugs I've noticed that I haven't had I older versions.
    1) Scrolling doesn't work. VERY annoying.
    2) Buttons in the MonoDevelop UI do not work. For example if I use CTRL+F to search, the next and previus buttons only work on the first click. After that they go unresponsive. However I can use them by pressing enter on keyboard.
    This is also with the message that pops up about the line endings. Actually now that I think of it, the problem only is with the buttons that are over the text area. Like those two examples.

I'm running it on Lenovo Y50-70 with Windows 8.1
    Also it would be nice if the play button wouldn't try to build something, but would instead attach debugger to unity, like previously. If I remeber correctly.

I'm still using the beta because of the rest system.

12. lukaszunity

lukaszunity

Administrator

Yes, we are currently working on the REST integration for Unity 5.5.

This event related problems sound like an GTK# issue on Windows. Do you have multiple GTK# versions installed? And did you install the latest GTK# from GTKSharp/gtk-sharp.msi ? I'd try to uninstall any GTK# sharp versions you have installed and install the shipped one, possibly also restart your machine.

13. Deleted User

Deleted User

Reinstalling and restarting fixed the problem for now at least. Thanks.

14. frank28

frank28

Yes, Chinese inputing is supported.

15. castor

castor

I've noticed that the Document Outline for UnityScript is still blank in this version of Monodevelop. Will this ever be fixed? It has been this way since the update to Unity 4.3. (Monodevelop 4.0.1)

16. DimensionU

DimensionU

I was having the same issue (just updated to Unity 5.3). I can confirm what @kactus223 found works. Why in the world should we have to add a source file to svn in order to be able to edit said file in MonoDevelop? Bug?

17. Devtactics

Devtactics

I thought code folding was supposed to be fixed in MonoDevelop-Unity 5.9? You can fold all the code you want, but it'll all be unfolded the next time you open the file. The code folding isn't getting saved.

This has been an issue since MonoDevelop 4.0.1 (with Unity 4.3), more than two years ago. Prior to that, files would retain their code folding as you'd expect.

18. Pharan

Pharan

@lukaszunity <Unknown Command> is still there. Just saying. :p

19. lukaszunity

lukaszunity

Administrator

This won't be fixed. UnityScript is in maintenance mode and we recommend that developers switch to C#.

Thanks for reporting this issue. We will look into it.

This has been fixed and the fix will be included in one of the 5.3 patch releases.

20. lukaszunity

lukaszunity

Administrator

Unity 5.3 with MonoDevelop-Unity 5.9 was released yesterday, which brings an end of MonoDevelop-Unity 5.9 preview releases in this thread.

Thanks to everyone who has tested the preview builds and provided valuable feedback which made the final release much better!

Keep an eye on the Unity release logs for more MonoDevelop fixes and updates. You can always report any issues through the Unity bug reporter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.