Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug monodevelop stopped working

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Gary_Thomas128, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Gary_Thomas128

Gary_Thomas128

I had a working project, including the use of monodevelop directly from within Unity.

Today, when I tried to edit a script, I get this error (consistently):
    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui.IDockNotebookTab].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui.DockNotebook.RemoveTab (Int32 page, Boolean animate) [0x00000] in /home/builduser/buildslave/monodevelop/build/monodevelop/main/src/core/MonoDevelop.Ide/MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui/DockNotebook.cs:215
    at MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui.DefaultWorkbench.RemoveTab (Int32 pageNum, Boolean animate) [0x0000e] in /home/builduser/buildslave/monodevelop/build/monodevelop/main/src/core/MonoDevelop.Ide/MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui/DefaultWorkbench.cs:1194
    at MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui.SdiWorkspaceWindow.CloseWindow (Boolean force, Boolean animate) [0x00032] in /home/builduser/buildslave/monodevelop/build/monodevelop/main/src/core/MonoDevelop.Ide/MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui/SdiWorkspaceWindow.cs:387
    at MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui.Document.Close () [0x00000] in /home/builduser/buildslave/monodevelop/build/monodevelop/main/src/core/MonoDevelop.Ide/MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui/Document.cs:492
    at MonoDevelop.Ide.RootWorkspace.Close (Boolean saveWorkspacePreferencies, Boolean closeProjectFiles) [0x00091] in /home/builduser/buildslave/monodevelop/build/monodevelop/main/src/core/MonoDevelop.Ide/MonoDevelop.Ide/RootWorkspace.cs:456
    at MonoDevelop.Ide.RootWorkspace.Close (Boolean saveWorkspacePreferencies) [0x00000] in /home/builduser/buildslave/monodevelop/build/monodevelop/main/src/core/MonoDevelop.Ide/MonoDevelop.Ide/RootWorkspace.cs:438
    at MonoDevelop.Ide.RootWorkspace.Close () [0x00000] in /home/builduser/buildslave/monodevelop/build/monodevelop/main/src/core/MonoDevelop.Ide/MonoDevelop.Ide/RootWorkspace.cs:433
    at MonoDevelop.Ide.RootWorkspace.OpenWorkspaceItem (System.String filename, Boolean closeCurrent, Boolean loadPreferences) [0x00021] in /home/builduser/buildslave/monodevelop/build/monodevelop/main/src/core/MonoDevelop.Ide/MonoDevelop.Ide/RootWorkspace.cs:523
    at MonoDevelop.Ide.RootWorkspace.OpenWorkspaceItem (System.String filename, Boolean closeCurrent) [0x00000] in /home/builduser/buildslave/monodevelop/build/monodevelop/main/src/core/MonoDevelop.Ide/MonoDevelop.Ide/RootWorkspace.cs:517
    at MonoDevelop.Ide.RootWorkspace.OpenWorkspaceItem (System.String filename) [0x00000] in /home/builduser/buildslave/monodevelop/build/monodevelop/main/src/core/MonoDevelop.Ide/MonoDevelop.Ide/RootWorkspace.cs:512
    at MonoDevelop.Ide.IdeApp.OpenFiles (IEnumerable`1 files) [0x00142] in /home/builduser/buildslave/monodevelop/build/monodevelop/main/src/core/MonoDevelop.Ide/MonoDevelop.Ide/Ide.cs:388

I've tried restarting Unity, forcing that solution file to be rebuilt, etc, all with no success.

Interestingly, I copied this project (*.sln files and all) to my MacOS box and it works just fine. I also tried running monodevelop directly on my Linux desktop, loading the same solution file and it also works. For now, this is
    a workaround but it would be nice to get to the bottom of this. I'll attach the "broken" solution file, but it only seems to affect the internal monodevelop-Unity

2. Gary_Thomas128

Gary_Thomas128

BTW, this is now happening on all of my projects, so something major seems to have changed. I'm sure I used monodevelop since I updated to the latest version (2015-09-15), so it's not clear what might have changed.