Search Unity

MonoDevelop problems.

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Charlie90, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Charlie90

Charlie90

After install Unity 5.3.1f1 (previous I used 5.1.0f3) MonoDevelop ignored unity classes. I tried change editor to a linux's monoDevelop in Edit -> Preferences -> External Tools, but now I can't open any script via Unity. I can't back to previous configuration, I tried reset settings, but reinstall doesn't help.

ma1onso likes this.
  2. Wulfara

Wulfara

I don't understand well when you say that MonoDevelop ignored classes but I think it may be like a issue I had. In the MonoDevelop Solution Explorer each .CS file had an icon marked as they were failing to synchronize with server (weired, because I never configured version control via MonoDevelop). I was not able to type anything into the classes marked with that icon.

If that's your problem the fix for me was going to Preferences -> Version Control -> General and checking "Disable Version Control globally" and restarting MonoDevelop. Note that I was using the integrated Unity's MonoDevelop.

If that doesn't work for you and you want to try again with your non-Unity MonoDevelop try installing this add-ins (if yout didn't) to make it integrate with Unity: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/unity-add-ins-for-monodevelop-xamarin-studio-5-9.329880/

I hope it helps.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  3. sumauma

sumauma

Try closing Unity
    rename <home dir>/.local/share/unity3d directory to something else (for backup)
    rename <home dir>/.config/unity3d directory to something else (for backup)

relaunch Unity, the folders will be created again, see if the problem persists.

4. praveenEL

praveenEL

5. Charlie90

Charlie90