Search Unity

MonoDevelop indentation issues in 5.3.5p1

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by yakandco, Jun 9, 2016.

1. yakandco

yakandco

Hi there,

Since updating to 5.3.5p1 I'm getting all kinds of crazy indentation issues. It's so incredibly frustrating that I'm finding it so difficult to code.

It's acting as though I have code errors where I press enter and instead of the cursor dropping to the right position, it's indented 2 or 3 lines further to the right than it should be. I can't find any pattern to why this issue occurs, it doesn't affect every single class and it will be working ok and then all of a sudden it go crazy and then from that point on that class will have issues ie. closing mono develop doesn't help. Initially I thought my platform compiler directives were tripping it up, but its now just happened in a class that doesn't have any.

I'm having this issue on both of my on my macbook and mac tower, both are running El Capitan. It really only seems to have started since 5.3.5p1 - previous to this I had 5.3.4p1 with no issues.

Anyone else experiencing this? once the issue starts its like that class file is tainted. What can I do to fix this in the meantime, it's so horrible to try and code at the moment :(

2. andymads

andymads

Yes it's terrible. I've gone back to MonoDevelop 4.0.1 as I just couldn't put up with it any more.

3. yakandco

yakandco

Glad it's not just me.. Unity folks, anyone know if this has already been reported as a bug and being looked at?

4. andymads

andymads

I mentioned it in the MonoDevelop Beta thread and was told it's a known issue.

5. yakandco

yakandco