Search Unity

MonoDevelop Fatal Error

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by da5011, Jun 10, 2017.

1. da5011

da5011

Hello everyone,

I am new to Unity in general and noticed that I was unable to copy/paste in MonoDevelop. I had read that a solution was to uninstall Gtk# for .NET and reinstall it from the MonoDevelop website. I had do so successfully, but upon trying to access a script from the inpector menu, it said that there was a fatal error and was missing components. After that I had reinstalled Unity hoping that it would work, but it still says is missing parts. Please help me.
    upload_2017-6-10_11-41-39.png
    upload_2017-6-10_11-41-58.png

2. da5011

da5011

I am also using version 5.6 of Unity

3. DroidifyDevs

DroidifyDevs

If you want to use Monodevelop (I applaud your patience!), simply click OK to download what needs to be downloaded. Or you can uninstall Unity and re-install to get a fresh copy of Monodevelop already configured to work with Unity.

In my opinion it's best to abandon Monodevelop entirely and switch to Visual Studio. VS is a lot less buggy, very customizable and very smart when it comes to prediction and debugging. I've never been able to use Monodevelop reliably and VS has taken a lot of pain out of coding for me.

4. kumarselvad8304

kumarselvad8304

Here I also had the same problem ,I searched everywhere but I didn't get the solution
    When I'm often installing GTsharp From Monodevelop
    I noticed it often used the word .NET
    so I Installed it. It Works !!!!! . It is only way to solve this problem
    Here the Link Download From Here

https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework/net472