Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

MonodDevelop opens with message box behind loading box

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Mikenekro, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Mikenekro

Mikenekro

For a while, I have had this happen the first time I start up MonoDevelop. It's kind of hard to see but behind the loading box, there is an error message of some sort that is very hard to move from behind the loading box. The loading box will not disappear until you either close the box behind it or use task manager to close MonoDevelop down completely and restart it. You also cannot do anything in Mono while this is open.

It only happens the first time I open Mono up. After I use the task manager to close Mono it starts up normally every time after that until I shut my computer down. There have been a few times I was able to drag the box out from behind the loading box but it depends on how far it is sticking out from behind the box. It's beginning to get annoying but it's something I can live with if there's no fix for it.

Does anybody know of a way to get this to stop happening?

I would post what the error says if I could read it but there's very few times I am able to get to the message.

I have no idea what I would call this bug but this has been happening over more than 1 upgrade of unity. I can't remember when exactly it started happening but it has been a while now.