Search Unity

MonoBehaviour Error

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by bnolan, Oct 13, 2010.

1. bnolan

bnolan

I have a game with 6 levels which is nearing completion which I recently switched from Iphone 1.7 to Unity 3.
    Everything has been going smoothly until today. For some reason every time the game changes levels I get the following warning "The referenced script on this behaviour is missing. Then it says the error is at the monobehavior.cpp at line 1624.

Does anyone have an ideas?

2. andeeeee

andeeeee

Please can you report this as a bug (menu: Help > Report A Bug). There seems to be a related problem with Windows but I can't find anything similar for the Mac in the database.

3. bnolan

bnolan

As it turns out this Monobehavior warning is always there and does not effect the game. I was have a problem with my script which was compounding the error. So I have corrected my script and my problem went away but the warning remains. Is this a bug on the Mac that I should report?

4. bgman

bgman

I'm getting the same thing when trying to compile the Procedural Meshes examples. I get the same "The referenced script on this behavior is missing" and the error in monobehavior.cpp at line 1624.

This is with Unity 3 downloaded yesterday and the examples from here downloaded today. Pro license (upgraded from 2.6). I did let the 3.0 installer remove 2.6, as apposed to uninstalling 2.6 myself - if that makes any difference.

5. ggappleid

ggappleid

I have the same issue, and i solve it. The problem i has, was that i used ViewArea object. But in Unity 3.0 there is no ViewArea. U need go though all viewareas and delete monobehavior script, and add to this object Component->Rendering->Occlusion Area. I hope it will helps

6. ryleigh

ryleigh

I had this same issue, I had deleted a script from my project folder without removing it from an object in the scene. So I just deleted the missing script component from the object and the error went away.

7. Pärtel

Pärtel

This happened to me when I had 2 instances of the same prefab in different scenes and in one of the scenes the prefab was deactivated. When I edited the active instance (deleted a script component), I began to receive this warning when I loaded the other scene in the game. It helped just to switch on the deactivated instance and switch off again and the problem disappeared.

8. HolyBolt

HolyBolt