Search Unity

MonKey Commander : Command Manager & Productivity Booster!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Shrubokrant, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Shrubokrant

Shrubokrant

Hi everyone!

Our plugin was just released on the asset store!

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/utilities/monkey-commander-119938

MonKey is a command manager we created to accelerate our productivity (and it does :D) and we're super excited to make it public!
    I guess the asset store page tells enough for me to not repeat myself too much here :)

We're using the plugin ourselves in our game creations, so the plugin will grow and evolve with time.
    However, we would really appreciate feedback from you guys to make the tool better!
    We still have few keys left to distribute, so feel free to message me if you'd like to give it a shot and give us your opinion!

2. Shrubokrant

Shrubokrant

3. Shrubokrant

Shrubokrant

We already received two 5 stars reviews on the asset store! Super happy!

4. Shrubokrant

Shrubokrant

We submitted MonKey Commander 1.0 and it should be available in the next few days!
    In the meantime, check out our new commands in 1.0!

5. Shrubokrant

Shrubokrant

6. vividhelix

vividhelix

I already sent you an email about this, but haven't heard back so trying here as well:

I'm getting this in the editor:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    MonKey.Editor.Internal.HotKeysManager.CheckCustomHotKey () (at <d25e4f6095bc4ef7ba058e65816dd245>:0)
    MonKey.Editor.Internal.HotKeysManager.EditorGlobalKeyPress () (at <d25e4f6095bc4ef7ba058e65816dd245>:0)
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallGlobalEventHandler () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:312)

The only thing I did is changed the key to bring up MonKey in preferences (to "=" as that's on the top left of my keyboard).

This happens when pressing F to focus on an object in the scene.

7. Shrubokrant

Shrubokrant

Hi!
    Thanks for the bug report, and sorry I didn't answer you before by email. I'll take a look at it, and I will let you know when I have it fixed!

8. vividhelix

vividhelix

No worries, was just trying to make sure it got through, spam filters and all.

9. ideaengine

ideaengine

New to MonKey - Is it compatible with Unity 2021? I'm running 2021.1.1f1 on a Mac and the MonKey window says "No Commands Found". Typing command abbreviations does not bring up any options.

Any ideas?

10. Shrubokrant

Shrubokrant

Hi ideaengine!

It is compatible with 2021, yes, but there is a bug with the initial scan of Assemblies: in the MonKey Settings, untick the "scan only selected Assemblies" option

11. PolyMad

PolyMad

I'm getting this bunch of soft errors:

upload_2021-11-5_14-0-43.png

12. r137

r137

Asmdef file includes all platforms and it breaks Android builds with lots of errors. Unchecking "All Platforms" and selecting Editor only fixes the issue.

Errors:

errors.png

Selecting Editor only fixes the issue:
    editor-only.png