Search Unity

Monitor movement on a track controls Unity Camera

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ScottRichards, Sep 27, 2017.

1. ScottRichards

ScottRichards

Hello, I am working, or about to be working, on a project where I would like to move a monitor along a railed track, and have the camera in Unity update its movement left or right to follow the track movement. I am attempting to do something like this
    but on a smaller scale, and have, at certain points along the track, triggers that will spawn different animations.

I guess my question is, does anyone have any thoughts or ideas on how this is accomplished? My initial thought is using a gyroscope to get movement data and use that with some scripting to control the camera. On the unity side of things I will be fine, I am just wondering if there are other ways, or if people may have other ideas on how this is done, before I jump into spending money on trial and error modes. Thanks for any insight that anyone may be able to offer in advanced!

2. ScottRichards

ScottRichards

Just wanted to check back in a bump to see if any new ideas may pop up. Toying with the idea of trying a Laser Range Finder and reading in the distance data via USB.