Search Unity

Monetization vs Advertisement vs My confusion

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Kaymax, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Kaymax

Kaymax

HI all guys, can someone give me clear difference on this. Which one should we use? Documentation says we need to use Ads, some other sources say we need to use Monetization. I'm really confused. Also I've found a couple of threads with UnityGuys answers like Monetization is deprecated and will be removed soon. So WHEN it will be removed, also why implement 2 types of ads mechanism for the same thing? Can someone tell me the story behind this? Also I see AssetStore updates on Monetization api after being deprecated...:(
    So we have 3 ways to implement ads mechanism: 1. download Ads package from Packman, download Monetization from AssetStore, and just turn on Ads from Services(which i guess downloads Ads package behind scenes). I just cant understand why it is so complicated... Gurus of UnityEngine please help me :D

Thanks!:)

XSPR likes this.
  2. NorthStar79

NorthStar79

just go to Services window and turn on Ads.

3. kyle-unity

kyle-unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @Kaymax, our latest guidance on which API to use can be found here, along with instructions on how to install the SDK in your application:
    https://unityads.unity3d.com/help/unity/integration-guide-unity

From this article:
    So for most use cases we recommend Advertisements. You can install this either via the package manager or the asset store, but not both at the same time! The latest version is 3.4.1 and we always recommend keeping your code up to date.

RSin11 likes this.