Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Monetization error

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by unity_Tsz-0O-xkIpA2Q, Nov 4, 2020.

1. unity_Tsz-0O-xkIpA2Q

unity_Tsz-0O-xkIpA2Q

I have created a simple program to test the advertising. When I import the Unity Monetization Plugin and activate the "ads-button" the app no longer works. Whenever I want to start the game, the error message "all compiler errors have to be fixed before you can enter playmode" appears. This message only comes when I activate the "ads button".

Attached Files:

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

This means you have compile errors in some code in your project that need to be fixed. You've posted a warning, but warning != error. So no idea from what you've provided as to what you need to fix.

3. unity_Tsz-0O-xkIpA2Q

unity_Tsz-0O-xkIpA2Q

There is nothing wrong with the code I wrote. There is something in the code that Unity generates when I activate the "add button". The game works. When I activate the button, there are over 200 error messages that something is wrong in the code. The same thing happens when I take a completely empty (a new) project.

4. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

I didn't say you wrote the code. There can be problems in code from someone else, even Unity. The warning you posted makes me think you may have the same package imported twice in your project (maybe you have an official Unity package, and then have the same code imported from some other source). You say you have 200 error messages but still haven't posted any of the actual compile errors. Just post them. An error /will show up red in the console, and often has the word "Error" in it. If it says "Warning" then that's a warning, not an error. Warning means this is something you might be concerned about but isn't necessarily a problem.

5. unity_Tsz-0O-xkIpA2Q

unity_Tsz-0O-xkIpA2Q

There are over 200 warnings and not errors. I've made a mistake. I don't know where an error is, because there are just a lot of warnings like the one in the picture.