Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Modules don't loop correctly?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by darkhog, Jan 6, 2016.

1. darkhog

darkhog

This is quite perplexing for me, since I've used FMOD in custom projects, written from scratch and never had this issue. Specifically, module files, even when set to loop, they're not looping properly, i.e. they seem to be stopped before the end then played again, which breaks looping modules that carry some channels from one iteration to the next in order to loop or just use Bxx effect.

Any way to fix that?

//edit: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/bug-modular-music-doesnt-loop-properly-anymore.166888/

Looks like its really old one, since 4.x. Welp. I hope someone knows a workaround.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  2. Dantus

Dantus

The chance would be high that if someone had reported the issue, it wouldn't exist anymore. Maybe it is time that someone does it.

3. darkhog

darkhog

The problem is that I'm still unsure whether it's a bug or if I am doing something I'm not supposed to.

4. Dantus

Dantus

Even those files have a well defined start and end point. As such the looping should be more or less precise. If it isn't, it is most likely a bug.

5. darkhog

darkhog

Dantus likes this.
  6. darkhog

darkhog

Bug in action:

7. SonicBloomEric

SonicBloomEric

Out of curiosity, does looping actually work if you jump to a location within the same pattern?

(I've never actually worked with Tracker files... just going off of what I'm seeing. Unity's Tracker file support comes as a direct result of FMOD having it built-in... but it looks like FMOD might have some limitations at a lower level that Unity simply inherits...)

Dantus likes this.
  8. darkhog

darkhog

No, I've implemented both BASS and FMOD in various "from scratch" projects and never I had such issue. Seems like Unity just borked up their implementation of FMOD.

9. darkhog

darkhog

Any ideas how can I bypass the issue? Anything including custom audio systems I may or may not know about is good (and excluding conversions since it won't give me correct looping either). @Andy Touch could you pass it to the devs? Link to bug report is above.

10. 00christian00

00christian00

The seeking seem also broken.
    If I try to change the playback time to a certain time, the first time I do it it seem to move 1-2 sec ahead of the correct time, from then on it seem to go to the correct time. Probably it's related to this bug.

@darkhog
    Did you try with different tracker format? Which one are you using?

11. darkhog

darkhog

All of them, really. Every one is broken in similar fashion.

12. SonicBloomEric

SonicBloomEric

I have no idea about playing tracker files, other than perhaps doing your own FMOD integration and skipping Unity's implementation altogether.

I'd suggest filing a bug report with Unity and then posting the Case #s here in the thread. If you make the Bug Report public, I believe others could then comment on the bug report (or at least see your details).

13. darkhog

darkhog

But I already did, link above (just above video showing bug in action).

14. SonicBloomEric

SonicBloomEric

Well, then, fingers crossed! :D

15. darkhog

darkhog

Any new info on that? I'd really want it fixed and I want it fixed soon. It drives me nuts.

16. SonicBloomEric

SonicBloomEric

You'd be better replying to the bug to see if there's been any movement or acknowledgement of it. And send them more information if you have any on the issue you posted about.

17. darkhog

darkhog

Yeah, how do I do that? It's not like there's a reply button there and my Unity Account login/password doesn't work on FogBugs. At this point I can only tag someone from Unity, like @Andy Touch in hopes he'd pass it along to proper person.

18. SonicBloomEric

SonicBloomEric

You reply to the email they sent you with your bug report. That automatically adds a followup response in their bug system.

19. darkhog

darkhog

Except that e-mail is long gone by this point of spacetime. Again, all I can do now is to ping some UT employees to see if they can pass it out to the right people. Maybe @Aurore could help?

20. SonicBloomEric

SonicBloomEric

No. You can file another bug and reference the old one's number. You will get another email and then you can protect that one (don't throw it away). You can then continue to send them more and better information to help push this forward over time. My gut tells me that more Unity developers see bug reports than they do forum posts.