Search Unity

Modular Starship Constructor [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DanielKolex, Sep 7, 2016.

1. DanielKolex

DanielKolex

Hello all! Daniel Kole here, from Daniel Kole Productions. I would like to announce that a new Unity Asset Store Package called Modular Starship Constructor has been released on the Unity Asset Store. Here are the videos for the asset package:

What is the Modular Starship Constructor Asset Package?

Modular Starship Constructor contains a complete Unity Scene with full UI elements for constructing modular starships. Use this Unity Scene to add any of the following to your creations: weapon turrets, missile launchers, torpedoes, hangar bays for fighters, and more. This package includes the Havok Game Engine, a basic game engine written in C# for handling starships in a game. With this asset package you can create fully destructible Starships with Line-of-sight enabled weapon systems. A custom pooling system is included to handle weapons and effects. Several demo scenes and tutorials are included. All scripts are in C#.

Modular Starship Constructor On The Unity Asset Store

Some Screenshots of the Modular Starship Constructor:

MSAWS_Screen09.jpg

MSAWS_Screen10.jpg

MSAWS_Screen12.jpg

MSAWS_Screen06.jpg

I would love to hear some feedback on this package and any comments/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

MORE INFORMATION:

To Subscribe to the Daniel Kole Productions YouTube Channel visit it here:

Daniel Kole Productions YouTube Channel

UPDATES:

2/2/2017 - Asset Package Submitted for Review.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    ZJP likes this.
  2. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

This package is compatible (texture colors mainly) with your other modulars assets???

3. DanielKolex

DanielKolex

I have not yet decided on color schemes for this package yet. I have posted a new video showing off the shielding effects that will come with the package, you can view it here:

4. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

Any news on this?

5. DanielKolex

DanielKolex

Just submitted the package for approval. Pending the approval should be available on the Asset Store sometime soon. I will post here when it is available.

6. DanielKolex

DanielKolex

Finished up the color schemes for the Modular Starships, the schemes are: Grey, Red, Blue, Purple, Green, Cyan, and Camo Green. You can check out a preview video of the colors here:

7. Snownebula

Snownebula

Is this available yet?

8. DanielKolex

DanielKolex

Working very hard to get this complete. It's undergone a bit of an upgrade that I am very confident everyone will enjoy.

9. DanielKolex

DanielKolex

I have updated the main post to reflect the changes to this package. New videos and screenshots have been added as well. The package has been submitted for review and should be available when it is approved.

10. DanielKolex

DanielKolex

The Modular Starship Constructor has been released. You can find it on the Unity Asset Store HERE.

11. DanielKolex

DanielKolex

Here is a video showing off the Hangar Bay Module with Fighters:

12. DanielKolex

DanielKolex

13. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

I bought it and i must say i'm liking it very much. It's a nice asset.

I must say that it have a little problem with your "Ultimate Sci-Fi Starships, Stardocks, and Jumpgates Collection" asset because they bot use an enum with the same name "RocketGuidanceTypes"

But i commented the enum in the BFPRocket.cs class and all worked nicely.

I also think you should upgrade your older packages textures to fit with the newer packages. I was trying to mix some models from this asset with other models from your "Mega Starship Builder Kit" and the models match nicely but the difference of texture quality just ruin the experience.

Keep the good work

14. carmine

carmine

I've gotten lots of models from this guy before and he is super responsive and wanted to make sure I was happy. Definitely buy from this guy.

DanielKolex likes this.
  15. Snownebula

Snownebula

What script controls the turrets rotation?

16. DanielKolex

DanielKolex

MSAWS_TurretController.cs controls the turrets Line Of Sight, Rotation, and Target Selection.

17. Thordy

Thordy

Hi DanielKolex,

First of all, this asset-pack looks really nice and smooth and seems allot of fun to work with!

I have a few questions though. That said, I'm an absolute beginner on Unity so forgive me if I'm asking stuff that seems super logical ^^

- Is it possible to create your own fighters with this tool and make them interact with the Hangar bay of a bigger "Mothership" aswell?

- Is the UI in the testing phase mandatory during my own game or could I create my own UI for it aswell? Reason for the question is that I would like to use these ships in a more RTS based game while the Havoc UI ( I pressume? ) seems more "Character" style based.

- Also UI related but the other way around, is it possible to use JUST the "Creator" phase UI in my game? Say, I want my player to be able to create their own "Fighters" but with limitations and UI-wise intergrated into my own game-style.

Again, this asset seems sick and I would love to mess around with this ^^

18. insomniaunleashed

insomniaunleashed

hi impressed with MSC so far, love the way i could setup a spacewar between multiple teams of starships within a day or so however there could do to be a manual starship setup guide, eg i have the wasp (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/74433) which is a really great cockpit, it would be nice to rig it for your havok engine? i am attempting to but i am getting alot of errors, your ship setup is very detailed

are you planning on making:
    - the explosions more realistic?
    - expansion packs, additional section models, turrets?
    - LOD, 2k or 4k texture option
    - allow building smaller ships, fighters
    - 3 dimensional connectors, so a ship can be built not just front to back, but also sideways, vertically

thanks
    Rob

Chemanel likes this.
  19. heynemann

heynemann

Any plans to make this mobile-friendly? I'd pay a lot more if this was available on mobile.

20. neodorus

neodorus

Hey @DanielKolex ,
    Is the package mobile friendly (I've bought it but haven't had the chance to test it yet)? I assume Havok makes it hard to port on mobile...

21. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

Are you still working on this or has this package gone dead? Definitely interested in purchasing

22. CYBERDAD

CYBERDAD

Hi @DanielKolex
    Do you still support this package ? I bought it few days ago. I am planning to integrated it into my game (RTS) point and click navigation. Let me know if you can help me on this (move ships using mouse point and click navigation). I am willing to pay for this extra feature.

23. wayneh654

wayneh654

Looking at this add-on for Unity (Modular Starship Constructor).
    Question? Can one add to your parts library to expand what you have done. Export\Import so I can build my own model parts so it becomes a true Startship Constructor with work I have created

24. Chemanel

Chemanel

Hello, I just bought the asset !

After playing a few hours with it, it seems very good ! I've been able to setup big space battles !

Just a little problem, the IA (nor the engine) seem to care about collisions? Ships enter in one another and pace trought. Is it possible to activate collision detection for the IA? As well as some kind of damage when 2 ships enter in one another maybe?

Thanks !

25. rmorph

rmorph

I see the asset is update this summer but the dev hasnt answered here since march 2017. Is it still supported?

26. Sr-Liermann

Sr-Liermann

Hello, I think to buy this asset, but I would to know if this still supported?

27. TomazMB

TomazMB

Hello, I am also interested to buy this asset, but I don't know if this asset is still supported. Usually I don't buy assets that have so old reviews and so little or any support seen on the forum. Thanks in advance.