Search Unity

Modular RPG Combat

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Deleted User, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hey,

We've released an asset called "Modular RPG Combat", and the idea behind it is to have an asset which can easily be integrated into any project which requires some kind of combat system.

You can find it here; https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/12879

With this asset, which is written in C, you get a combat system with melee combat and ranged combat (sword and gun), a health system, an AI system for the enemies that controls if an enemy is aggressive or passive, if they go on a patrol path, roam randomly around the map or simply idle until attacked. You also get a simple experience/leveling system, and the best of it is that it’s all modular which means you should just be able to use it with your current project without having to bend over to fix it! The code is extensively commented, so it should be easy to personalize it to your own needs as well.

There is also also a basic movement script and a basic camera controller that comes with it.

You can try it out here: http://unity.phatrobit.com/demo.php?id=3

2. jonkuze

jonkuze

[ Bump ] for this asset! :)

I recall finding this Asset on the Asset Store sometime ago, i'm glad you guys decided to promo it on the Forums because it's an awesome Asset! I enjoyed playing with it, although i didn't use it for any of my projects, It helped inspire me to work on my new game CoinRPG!

Thanks guys for a great Asset! I hope you get alot of hits and sales... best of luck!

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thanks a lot Kuroato! Glad to hear it helped inspire your game! :)

4. appliquette

appliquette

Hi,

looks like a great kit, there were a couple of things that I think could be improved if they were I would be jumping straight on this.

Is there a 'pain' or 'hit' animation? At first I thought the enemy stopped way ahead of me to attack, then I realised my health was going down.. even though each enemy swing I would just stand there

I do like the animations, but the turning circle is huge and slow, and when you have a few enemy around you it becomes very hard to target anyone accurately

On a similar note, a lot of times I would find myself trying to attack an enemy (whilst the enemy is doing damage to me) and it looks like I am facing him but I am swinging and missing.. can you improve the hit zones a little, or even add some target locking feature so it tightens up the combat more..

Hope you dont mind the feedback!
    Thanks

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thanks a lot, appliquette!

First off, thanks a lot for the feedback, it's extremely appreciated as we aim to make a product that has great value! If there are things that anyone would like to see added then please do not hesitate to let us know and we will do our best to implement it in a timely manner!

We will make sure we get your suggestions into the next release, which means there will be some kind of "hit" indicator added, pivoting choices for player and enemies (if you want a wider or tighter turning angle) and improving the hit zone. there is auto aiming for the gun already, so we can add this ability for the melee combat as well.

Again, thanks a lot!

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

A new release has been submitted, v1.3, so we're just waiting for it to be approved now.
    Everything (and more) that was requested in this forum thread should now be available. :)

This is the changelog:
    -------
    v1.3 | 2/7/14
    -------
    - Del; MrpgCameraTarget.cs
    + New: MrpgcCameraController.cs
    The camera now has some basic code for rotation and zooming

+ New: AOE.cs
    Used by the Area of Effect Spell to damage enemies

+ New: AOESpell.cs
    Used to instantiate the Firefield Area of Effect Spell

+ New: Spell.cs
    Used to instantiate the Fireball spell.

PlayerCombatController.cs:
    + Fix: Laser sight is no longer visible after switching from ranged to melee weapons
    + New: Melee auto aim
    + New: Hurt indication via player renderer (changes material color when hurt)
    + New: Bow and Arrow Weapon
    + Fix: Auto aim no longer rotates the player on the Y axis
    + New: Added Fireball spell
    + New: Added Firefield Area of Effect
    + New: Added Target Switching ability (disable autoaim, enable target switch, press TAB in-game and it will target the closest enemy)
    + New: You can decide which color the enemy health bar has by default, and for the currently targeted enemy.

EnemyStatController.cs:
    + New: Hurt indication via enemy renderer (changes material color when hurt)

PlayerStatController.cs
    + New: Added Mana
    + New: Player can now regenerate Health and Mana

Hope you find it good, let me know if you end up having any more requests!
    You can also try the Webplayer Demo for v1.3 on http://unity.phatrobit.com/
    Just be sure it's 1.3 that loads for you (I had to clean my cache or try a different browser, as it seemed to load v1.2 otherwise).

Thanks!

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

8. LoDx

LoDx

Hi,
    looks interesting.

Question :-
    - Would there be 'inventory/items shop' system ?
    ( I see that the kit has several weapons, so I think it would be great if there is an inventory/items shop system , so we can add/customized .)

Thanks!

9. Venged

Venged

Looks nice! Does this have a Third Person Mecanim control option or is it just top down?

10. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hey, and thanks for your suggestion!
    We may add another module for this. Our thoughts are that we don't want to create a whole "all-in-one system", but rather have modules that people can put together and use as they need. So this module is focused on combat, and we could possibly add an item-module where you can create your own weapons etc that can be attached to this in the same way as lego bricks.

11. Deleted User

Deleted User

Do you mean you would want it to auto follow behind the player? If so then that would be very easy to add (and may already be there in the options). I'll try to get back later today with an update with this.

12. LoDx

LoDx

Hi,
    Thanks !
    The 'item module' ( or shop system alike ) sound great.
    - hopefully it comes with 'money/reward' system , like the CoinRPG as mentioned by Kuroato.

I do understand your approach of having different modules/add-on, just like lego bricks, it sounds great. Probably modules/add-on like :-
    - item/shop
    - multiplayer/MMORPG
    - guild/clan system
    ... so on.

Probably others who are interest too.
    The reason why some people ( people like me, who lack in-depth coding skills ) might prefer complete system, coz there are other works involved in customizing the whole thing, so having complete solution would helps to reduce alot headaches.

Sincerely

13. Deleted User

Deleted User

Apologies for the late reply. I have looked into this, and while it's not in there now it is a minor update that we can push to the asset store before the next major update. Will keep you updated in this thread as to when we have this option available for you.

14. Alucard384

Alucard384

Any plans on adding the ability to chain attacks together? Such as, on key down play attack1 and when 75% through the attack key gets pressed again it would chain to attack2.

15. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll add it to the "to do" list!

16. LunixKing

LunixKing

I have tried a few things and googled for the anser to my question, but I'm stumped. I have tried to set up a walk backward animation in mecanim but can't seem to do it. I can add in different attack animations, so I know I'm altering the animation controller alright. I have tried setting the transition to speed < -.1 but I don't think speed actually goes into the negatives from what I'm seeing. Anyone tried anything like this?

17. Ninjaxim

Ninjaxim

We've just sent in the next update to Unity for review with quite a few changes (listed below). It is also available for immediate download on our website for those who have registered their invoice number with us.

To make a mecanim animation go in reverse, setting the speed to a negative value should do the trick.

Changelog:
    Reworked the enemy animation controller
    Reworked player and enemy stats

+ New: PlayerTargetController.cs
    + Move: target relative code from PlayerCombatController into PlayerTargetController
    + New: PlayerCommon.cs and EnemyCommon.cs
    Used to make referencing player and enemy scripts easier
    + New: Enums.cs
    + New: Example2 Scene
    + New: RedVsBlue Scene
    + New: SceneSelection Scene
    + New: EnemyTargetController.cs
    + Move: target relative code from EnemyCombatController into EnemyTargetController
    + New: Enemies will now attack other NPCs that aren't part of their own team
    + New: StatController.cs
    + New: Teams
    + New: AudioController.cs
    Helps make sound effect management a little easier for objects
    + New: EnemyTowerController.cs
    Can be used for immobile objects (towers, etc.)

PlayerTargetController.cs:
    + Fix: Recoded target switching to work a bit better
    + Fix: Auto aim now uses new target switching code
    + Fix: Target switching now has a height limit

PlayerCombatController.cs:
    + Fix: Melee combo attack

EnemyStatController.cs:
    + Fix: Enemies now regen health correctly when they have no target
    + New: Enemies can now gain xp and level up
    + Fix: Enemies now give out xp to everything that hits it

EnemyCombatConroller.cs:
    + New: Enemies can now use any weapon or spell

18. TonanBora

TonanBora

I noticed that this asset was just updated.
    Upon updating and importing, I suddenly get the errors in the attached picture, and the Enemies no longer run about in the demo scenes.
    I assume that what is happening here is that the Navmeshes for the terrains have up and disappeared.
    Is this correct?
    2015-05-26_23-29-38.png

19. ianmhart

ianmhart

If you want to build mmoprg or rpg online the file for you is here http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/unity3d-mobile-3d-morpg-mogo-released.328275/ it was free it was running on window , android and ios .

20. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi TonanBora!

Yes, the asset has been updated quite a bit.
    Please make sure you followed these steps;
    The Documentation in "Docum

Setting Up From Scratch
    1. Open a new scene (File > New Scene)

2. Add in an object you want to use as the ground (a quad, plane or cube

works, scaled as necessary)

3. Set your ground object(s) to Static (upper right corner of the Inspector

window)

4. Bake the NavMesh (Window > Navigation > Bake (lower right corner

of Navigation window)). After baking, blue areas will indicate walkable

areas

5. Drag in the Player and Enemy prefabs from

PhatRobit/ModularRPGCombat/Examples/Sources/Prefabs (MrpgcPlayer

and MrpgcEnemy) anywhere above the ground object

6. Select the Main Camera object in the Hierarchy window and Add

Component > MrpgcCameraController.cs

7. Withthecamerastillselected,dragtheplayerobjectintotheTarget

field in the Inspector window of the camera controller script

8. Press Play!

21. Deleted User

Deleted User

We've forgotten to paste the latest change logs here (they're always available at http://unity.phatrobit.com/ though), but here they are;

-------
    v1.6.1 | 12/27/14
    -------
    EnemyMovementController.cs:
    + Fix: Enemies now respawn at their spawn point

-------
    v2.0.0 | 3/7/15
    -------
    Updated materials, scenes and scripts for Unity5
    Removed toon shaders

-------
    v2.0.1 | 5/23/15
    -------
    Updated documentation PDF

Updated PlayerCommon.cs and EnemyCommon.cs scripts to be base classes that are
    inherited by other player and enemy scripts to clean up some repeated code. These two
    scripts are no longer required to be components on player and enemy objects.

22. Ninjaxim

Ninjaxim

Modular RPG Combat is now on sale for 50% off until 2/1/2018, after which we will be deprecating the package. We will provide support up to one month after deprecation.

Thank you all for supporting our work!