Search Unity

Modular Room System (Like Mega-Man)

Discussion in '2D' started by InfiniteGaming, Jun 5, 2019.

1. InfiniteGaming

InfiniteGaming

Hello! I am a fairly new Unity developer and I am making a Mario Maker like UGC game and I would like the player to be able to draw their own rooms like in Mega Man or Metroid. However, I am using the Corgi Engine so I am unable to use Cinemachine and Cinemachine Confiners. The (future) confiner is a composite collider generated from a tilemap collider. I already have a system that allows the player to draw different rooms, but I do not have the room confinement system. (Without using Cinemachine) How would I create a system like that?

PS: The rooms can be any shape within the tilemap, not just rectangles, so I believe I can't use bounds.

2. Primoz56

Primoz56

you'll want to attach exit/entrance locations to your rooms, think of it like pipes or doors in mario maker. you would then 'drop' these exits in your room, and designate in which room you will enter(appear), and in what location. if you want them reversible, make it automatically have an exit created in the second room leading back to the first room.