Search Unity

Modifying FBX and Reimporting for use

Discussion in 'Animation' started by DivineMercy, Aug 9, 2017.

1. DivineMercy

DivineMercy

I'm have trouble importing an fbx back into unity and using it on my game object. What I'm doing is adding root motion to the walking and running animations, exporting it back into unity and then change the game object to use root motion; changing the animation in my animator to use that new animation, and then apply the changes. Instead, I just get a sliding object that won't play the animations.

I can provide more info if need be.

Thanks

2. RevoltingProductions

RevoltingProductions

Yeah.. gonna need more info. What is the object? What is the bone structure? Humanoid? Legacy? Skinned Mesh? What program are you exporting from to put back into unity? Does the fbx in the other program have the animation intact? Start there. Screen caps and videos help with this sort of thing.

3. DivineMercy

DivineMercy

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxu9uuAwtNIjUG9kVUR0V2Y4RTA

So that's what I'm adding into the scene. I'm using Blender. Everything seems to have imported correctly and I updated the animator controller; however the dinosaur is just stiff, moves in one direction only (no rotation towards its intended target; I'm using ICE creature control). This dino is coming from a paid asset pack I believe, my job was to modify it to incorporate root motion on it and I have 0 animation skills for this so I don't know where to find that other information :\. I could provide it if I knew where to look/

4. DivineMercy

DivineMercy

upload_2017-8-9_18-41-2.png

On this animator I should have 18 clips. I pasted in a standard object that Blender exported and it has 18 clips after I get it hooked up correctly. But with the same settings on my original object, this does not work; even after copying and pasting the components.

5. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Why did you take an animation job when you have zero animation skills? o_O

Have you attempted to generate root motion in engine? there is a learning video for that.

Also there is a root motion thread discussion last week - on a nearly similar issue.

6. DivineMercy

DivineMercy

I didn't take an animation job, i took a programming one. Kinda funky, isn't it haha.

I got the root motion to work; however, it will not turn or rotate to the location it's supposed to go - any ideas?

Also @theANMATOR2b could you send me a link or two that has in-unity root motion? Maybe I could try that. Thank you!

7. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

8. RevoltingProductions

RevoltingProductions