Search Unity

Modern Tactics, Real-time Strategy (RTS) Game Kit, for Android & iOS

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Kasaie, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Jerome_V

Jerome_V

Here you can see the resulting troop-count after just one stream of attacking troops, which to me looks a little extreme:

Screenshot_2016-09-22-13-36-42.png

2. Kasaie

Kasaie

Wow, I certainly call that a BUG ;)

I think I know why this is happening. I have set a delay modifier which waits a certain time before enabling the next input (click/touch to command). If this assumption is true, then setting the delay to larger number will easily solve the problem.

I will fix this bug asap and send the update to the asset store.

Thanks.

3. Kasaie

Kasaie

@jerome: How did you get to the final wave of the endless mode? :D

Jerome_V likes this.
  4. Jerome_V

Jerome_V

LOL! :D

Apparently, the final wave can be reached, which means that wave will probably never stop. ;)
    Although this might bug me eventually, it would not be a 'bug' in this game mode. :)

Thanks for your help!

- Jerome Vonhögen

5. Jerome_V

Jerome_V

Hi Kasaie,

As far as I have been able to check, the bug I reported here doesn't occur right from the start, it takes a while before it appears (like a minute, or so). It seems that excessive 'streams of troops' can only be generated with some of the conquered bases, not with all of them at the same time. However, I'm unable to find a pattern in these seemingly irregular events.

By the way, when the bug occurs, those 'streams of troops' are not unlimited in size, 'cause the game stops producing/cloning more troops after tapping on the target for like one or two seconds, which may be related to the input delay modifier you mentioned that starts to kick in.

I forgot to mention that the bug doesn't occur with air attacks, so it looks like this bug only affects ground troop movement. I thought I'd better mention it, in case it's relevant when looking for a cause of the artifact.

Were you able to reproduce the bug?

- Jerome

6. Asset_Store_Deals

Asset_Store_Deals

Just wanted to let you know that we are adding your Real-time strategy (RTS) game kit (Modern Tactics) sale to AssetStoreDeals.com.

When you have future sales, you can add them to the website yourself simply by pasting the link to your asset in the designated area.

Best of luck to you with this sale!

7. Kasaie

Kasaie

Update 1.3 has been submitted to asset store, featuring:

- Fixed the bug with creating unlimited number of troops when issuing attack/move command from captured bases.
    - Added a new power up bonus: "Bombardment Plane" which calls for a huge bomber plane and fire a missile to all available enemy and out-lander base inside the scene and decreases their population.

8. Kasaie

Kasaie

Update 1.3 went live!

Christmas Sale Offer!
    70% off for a limited time Get your copy right now.
    Current price: $29
    Original price: $99

9. Kasaie

Kasaie

Update 1.3 new bomber plane power-up.

bomber-v1.3.jpg

10. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

Hello , excuse me I am trying to make a 3D 1st Person Shooter FPS R.TS Battlezone style game . I wish to know !) Can your package enable a Battlezone/ Wing Commander R.T.S style communication ? and 3) Can I use this package to make A.I pilots retreat to their vehicles and only attack if they are threatened when they are on foot? Unless its in buildings then of course they are fighting on foot (i.e the player can order the A.I Pilot to get out of his vehicle and follow him on foot or for the A.I pilot to go give the Player his vehicle while the A.I player goes back to the Factory or barracks built at the base or into an APC which will take him back to base)nd oh yes this will be on a planetary (Sphere ) body , not a dynamic flat plain Can this be done with your package? Also Can this package be used for PC'S?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    Kasaie likes this.
  11. Kasaie

Kasaie

Hi there,

While I'm a fan of classic Battlezone series, I'm afraid this game kit can not deliver such a game play mechanics. You might be able to use it as a base to develop your customize RTS game, but this is not compatible with FPS camera at its current structure.

Yes, the game works flawlessly on PC and all standalone platforms.

12. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

OK Thank you

Kasaie likes this.
  13. gferrari

gferrari

Hi! I like you assets!. I want to know if I could use 3D objects for the terrain and the units. With walks animations, particles, etc. Do you have some scratch sample screenshot to see how it look in 3D with cubes or something like that? Thank you!

Kasaie likes this.
  14. Kasaie

Kasaie

Yes, we are using flat cubes (with their z scale set to 0.001f) for the units, bases and the plane used to render the terrain. You can easily restore the 3d model by resetting the z value and change the mesh with your model to replace all the items in no time. But please note that to have a fully 3d game, you also need to change the camera setting to perspective, and this requires a little bit tweaking on the effects and controllers. But we will assist you if you are serious about going all 3d.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers.

15. gferrari

gferrari

Hi! Thank you for you answer, I just bought the Asset. Everything work correctly. But for better customize I need to pass it to the New UI, and I think it will be a LOT of work because the button logics. Do you have plans to make the game with the new ui? I think that it will be better.... I'm not really happy with this issue for me :( Thank you very much!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
    Kasaie likes this.
  16. Kasaie

Kasaie

Hi there, and thanks a lot for the trust you have in our products.

Please tell me why you want to move the whole GUI to the new UI system? The current settings are working as intended, so you just need to add your own UI elements via Unity UI engine, and they does not interfere by any means. Adding a new button is also a matter of duplication and renaming, so you don't need to worry about that either.

17. gferrari

gferrari

Hi! I want my game isometric and the orthographic camera, it will have 3D characters and 3D buildings. So I have problem with this settings in the interface buttons like the image. That is the reason why I want to do it with the New UI (Canvas). Thank for you answer again! (Sorry my english) capture.png

18. gferrari

gferrari

Hi! I think I resolve it with a empty game object. If I found another issues to adapt it to 3D. I keep asking around here?Thanks! Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 8.09.22 AM.png

Kasaie likes this.
  19. Kasaie

Kasaie

Wonderful and smart workaround ;)

Sure, I'm ready to answer all your questions.

20. Kasaie

Kasaie

As a side note, you can always use a second camera which is responsible to render 3d UI elements inside a scene and use the main camera to render actual game events. This way, you will have the absolute freedom to have ortho (iso) + perspective setting at the same time.

21. Kasaie

Kasaie

Crazy Sale offer!

Get the "Modern Tactics RTS game kit" at 80% off! Don't miss the chance of having this unique game kit.

Read the documentation + Tutorial before you buy: Readme

RobsonFMaciel likes this.
  22. Kasaie

Kasaie

Quick Testing Tip:

If you want to start the game with a [cheat] custom money or xp, you can simply add these lines to the "menuManager.cs" like this:

Code (CSharp):
    1. //cheat - default money + xp - Use for testing purposes
    2. PlayerPrefs.SetInt("userMoney", 100000);
    3. PlayerPrefs.SetInt("rankIndex", 5);

23. Kasaie

Kasaie

New Update! Get it Here

groundMortar.png
    new power-up: Ground Mortar

V1.4:
    - Upgraded to Unity 5.6
    - Added a new power-up system called "Ground Mortar". This power-up helps you select a strong enemy base and kill 75% of its current population.

24. Kasaie

Kasaie

Update 1.4 is now live on asset store. Check it out Here

25. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

I also sent by email.:)

I discovered how the bug occurs.
    I'll try to explain. Sorry for the English.

An important detail. This bug occurs ONLY when the game is compiled and generated the executable for windows. I have not tested on mobile.
    Within unity there is no bug!

Steps
    1-Click on a unit (tank/airplane) and send to an enemy.
    2-DO NOT click anywhere until the unit reaches the destination. (Wait)
    3-Note that the bug occurs.

The unit (tank/airplane) will return to the starting point and will be in an infinite loop, going back and forth. It will only go to your disposal and consolidate there when there is the NEXT CLICK, anywhere on the screen.

The bug just will not occur, if BEFORE the unit reaches the destination, you click anywhere on the screen.

I do not know if I explained correctly, but that's exactly how the bug happens.

I tried the code sent, but it did not work. :(

I hope i have helped.:D

Thank you for your support.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  26. Kasaie

Kasaie

Hello CraftingPixelLab

Just wanted to let you know that we are investigating this issue you are experiencing. I'll try several stand-alone builds with different versions of Unity to see if the problem insists.

27. Kasaie

Kasaie

Hello again CraftingPixelLab

The issue with standalone builds has been resolved. A fix has been submitted to asset store and will be available to public shortly. Meanwhile I have sent the instruction to your email. Kindly check the solution and tell me if this works.

28. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

Hello, i received the email and i will test today and i will show you the result.:) Thanks for the great support. :D

Kasaie likes this.
  29. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

IT WORKED!! :D:D:D
    All the tests I've done are working perfectly.
    Thanks for the great support.:)

Kasaie likes this.
  30. Kasaie

Kasaie

So glad to hear this. Let me know if you have any other questions.

31. Kasaie

Kasaie

Important bug fix!
    Please update as soon as possible.

V1.4.1:
    - Fixed an important bug with the troop manager class which would cause a captured base to have negative population.

32. Kasaie

Kasaie

Update v1.4.2:
    - Fixed an issue with "EpisodeSelectionManager" class which caused the level description string to be passed empty.
    - Added a new public string field to the level button objects to let

33. pixel4k

pixel4k

Hi,

i wanted to buy that kit and i have some pre sale questions.

1. is the kit work with unity 2017 without any problem?

2. support admob?

Thank you

34. Kasaie

Kasaie

Hey buddy,
    Thanks for showing interest into my game kits.

1. Yes, have ported the game to Unity 2017 and will submit the new update in a few days/weeks.
    2. No the current version is not using AdMob at the moment, but I can add it for you free of charge, if you buy the kit while it is on sale.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

35. pixel4k

pixel4k

Hi again ,

i have already purchased it. I want to know how I can contact you so as to send me a version with AdMob

Thank you

36. Kasaie

Kasaie

37. pixel4k

pixel4k

38. Kasaie

Kasaie

Hi buddy,

Can you please forward your support request to my email address at "ali.nwdo(at)gmail.com" ?

39. cbell77

cbell77

Hello,
    I recently purchased this package and I have run into a compiler error. There appears to be a problem with the baseManager script which wont allow play testing of the game in the unity engine.

Edit: I looked at the release info again and noticed I need to roll back my unity version and now everything works just fine.

My only new problem is I cant figure out how to change the speed of troops. When I change the float "speed" value to a higher number under the troopsmover scipt nothing changes in the game.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  40. Kasaie

Kasaie

Hi there,

I see that you have already fixed the version mismatch issue. Well done :)

About troop's movement speed, you are right. The speed is set via the controller who is instantiating the troop object\ So you need to open these classes:
    1. enemyMastermind.cs
    2. outlanderMastermind.cs
    3. bonusManager.cs
    4. baseManager.cs
    and search for the following term: " GetComponent<troopMover>().speed ".

You can then easily change the speed of the new troop object to anything you wish.

Let me know if you have any questions.

41. cbell77

cbell77

Thank you I was able to find the speed settings.
    Now I am trying to add my own level to the the main campaign. So I made a new level and used the same naming conventions as the other kit levels but named this one level "campaign_One_level_11-unity.c#" then I duplicated one of the buttons under the level selection screen and changed the index to 11 and made sure that my new level was added to the build settings but It will not load. I can not figure out where in the code the indexing is happening I am not very good with c#.

42. Kasaie

Kasaie

Hi buddy,

Please carefully check the "EpisodeSelectionManager" class. There are certain points which needs to be updated to let you offer more than 10 (default value) levels in each campaign. For example, look at these lines:

Also make sure to update " missionAvailableBonuses" array with the new size, and also make sure your new button settings are correct. (the children should be named correctly)

43. cbell77

cbell77

Thank you for all your help. I now have completed my initial reskin of the game and have been working on testing on android. I have made a successful build to my android phone on version 8OS but have ran into a bug with the troopmover that I can not recreate within the editor on Windows PC.

When I play the game on my phone and send my troops to attack an enemy base they will not capture it instead they bounce off of it and return back to the base from which I sent them only to turn around and repeat the same thing. The base they attack shows a negative number of troops after they bounce off of it. This happens with aerial units as well all be it they just get stuck on the enemy base and the enemy base troop population continues to go negative into the thousands.
    First picture shows ground units bouncing off enemy base. Second picture shows Air units getting stuck on enemy base.

EDIT: I found a small work around. If you make sure to click another base right after you send units to attack they will NOT become bugged. This tells me the bug has something to do with the base selection for touch screen.

I have attached a picture of the Android SDK monitor showing the error in question.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  44. Kasaie

Kasaie

Please read pages 1 and 2 of this thread. We have talked about this issue and available solutions to by pass this problem.

P.S: Does this issue also happens when you build the game with our default levels?

45. cbell77

cbell77

Sorry I should have looked through the entire thread first. However, the bug that CraftingPixilLab had still exists.

I went ahead and started a new unity project and imported your kit fresh. Built to windows and the above bug is still there the units are still bouncing and having negative numbers on your demo levels. I am using Unity version 2018.1.5 and your kit version 1.4.3

46. Kasaie

Kasaie

Yes, I can confirm that this issue exists in builds that are made with Unity 2018. Please give me a few days to fix this issue. :)

47. Kasaie

Kasaie

Well, I was able to fix the issue. I have submitted a new update to asset store and you can download the new update in a few days.

48. timmynator

timmynator

Hi,

i want to buy that kit and i have some pre sale questions.

1. is the kit work with unity 2019.2 without any problems?

2.what about procedural generated open world?

3. local multiplayer?

Thank you

Kasaie likes this.
  49. Kasaie

Kasaie

Hi buddy.

Sure. here goes the answers:

1. We are consistently updating all our assets as the newer versions of Unity are released. We recently upgraded the RTS asset and made it compatible with Unity 2019.1:

1.4.6 (current)released
    Jul 23, 2019
    V1.4.6: - Full compatibility with Unity 2019+

The asset must be compatible with Unity 2019.x for sure and in case you ran into any issues after the purchase, we can upgrade the asset to any Unity version in a day or two. So no problem here.

2. The asset is using static images as the level art/background. you need to write a new controller for that purpose.

3. Not supported at the moment. Game is only featuring a single player mode.

Important: The kit is currently on sale with 40% off. You can get the kit for as low as $39, as opposed to the original $59 price tag.

Let me know if you have any other questions ;)