Search Unity

Moderated Unity-feature request sub-forum.

Discussion in 'Meta-forum Discussion' started by Milanis, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Milanis

Milanis

Good morning,

during work, I figured that there a smaller additions that would improve the daily work with the Unity editor. While I am probably just one of one thousand people seeking for Unity improvements and other topics, I think requests can be barely collected by Unity developers here since they probably don't have the time to visit the forums.

I am actually not sure what is the best way to sent feature requests but might it be a good idea to have a sub forum where we can actually make a thread with an request that needs to be approved by moderators and gets locked to make sure that it's just for the developers?

Of course there might be times where certain features exist but I also figured that we have forum people who comment with a lot of anger on these rather than actually being helpful. I am looking for a safe place to do these requests - not begging or thinking that they might coming to Unity at any point, but at least giving feedback and an idea.

Kind regards,
    Tobias

2. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Hi Milanis,

Thank you for your post.

We did used to have a dedicated Feedback/Feature Request site but this was closed in February (https://forum.unity.com/threads/the-future-of-unity-feedback.633241/)

Honestly, the best thing to do right now is search for a thread in the first instance just to see if there is a thread already created with your idea and if not, make a thread in the most accurate subforum that it relates to.

While not every Unity employee posts here, they are actively read by a lot of people here. The feedback is most appreciated so please do this if you have any ideas to make Unity amazing.