Search Unity

Modelling a character

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Duskling, May 5, 2012.

1. Duskling

Duskling

Taking a first attempt at seriously modelling a person, I have a great reference, but holy crap, I am failing horribly at the hands.

I am using this fantastic reference, and I think the model so far looks fantastic, except for the hands. Can anybody help me out with that? I am trying to create him rather low poly ( maybe for a mobile game ) so I think I can skip all of his fingers except for his thumb. Normal maps should take care of his fingers.

If anybody could give me some tips or help me out with the hands it would be appreciated.

2. nipoco

nipoco

3. Duskling

Duskling

I will read that, thanks!

Any other suggestions?

4. herpderpy

herpderpy

Try emphasizing the features more. It looks pretty good for low poly, but you need to start smoothing out features, cause a lot of it (Especially on the rear) look quite un-natural. Nice progress though :)

5. Micah_Rogers

Micah_Rogers

Finish this model and then move on ( I say finish because you learn from every model you make and finish ) then try my preferred method! I think you will enjoy the lowpoly results you get from this method.

I should mention that the wireframe is NOT perfect I just did it quickly to give you an idea of how to go about it.

As for the HANDS, dooo itttt separately! This is the best advice I can give you ( and I'm sure others would agree ), because creating the hands attached to the model is a pain. So create it ( using reference Always, until you master it ) and then stitch it on later.

Hope this is helpful.

Micah