Search Unity

Modeling buildings???

Discussion in 'External Tools' started by theave8tor, Sep 21, 2010.

1. theave8tor

theave8tor

Hi,

Let's say I want to make a static building that has an interior that you can walk through. Such as a bunker or a small cabin of sorts. How do I do this using Wings 3D (thats what I'm using for now)? Any ideas?

Thanks guys(and gals)!

Grant Williams

2. Mello42

Mello42

What do you mean? adding collisions to the wing3d model or how do you model the building in wings?
    Because for modeling you should ask in the wings3d forum:
    http://nendowingsmirai.yuku.com/forums/2/t/Q-A-Interface-Usage.html

3. theave8tor

theave8tor

I mean how to model the building. Because I can't understand how you make interiors to buildings.

4. WinningGuy

WinningGuy

Your question is rather broad. You might want to go through a bunch of basic tutorials on your software of choice first.

Modeling the inside of a building isn't really different than modeling anything else.

Is there something very specific about the inside of a building that is confusing you?

5. txmikester

txmikester

Since I'm just a beginner, what I've been doing is cheating by having the buildings/environment in one scene and then when they enter a building it loads a different scene that is just the interior.

I know that may not be what you want, but I always find when learning something new it's easier to divide and conquer. This way, once I get comfortable modelling exteriors AND interiors separately, then I can take the next step and combine them.

Just my 2 cents.

6. theave8tor

theave8tor

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea! I haven't actually tried it yet, but I was just wondering how it was done.

unityunity