Search Unity

Question Model with any lit URP shader applied appears unlit

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by ibbitzzz, Sep 1, 2021.

1. ibbitzzz

ibbitzzz

I've recently started adding 3D assets into my largely 2D game, but I am hitting a wall in getting lighting to apply to them.

For example, I imported the following model from a Blender FBX, and replaced the Material with one in my library that has the URP/Lit shader & the diffuse texture. However, my model only appears to render the flat color & is not influenced by any lighting data. Changing the ambient light or adding Lights nearby do nothing, and I have Scene Lighting toggled on (you can see my 2D lights in the background of the screenshot).

upload_2021-9-1_16-20-22.png
    upload_2021-9-1_16-23-33.png

I'm not really sure what I'm missing here to get this working. I'm looking for 3D assets to be lit in realtime. Doesn't need to be able to cast shadows on surfaces necessarily, just want characters to not look like they have an unlit shader on them. I've tried a wide range of lit shaders provided with the URP & Unity and the results are always the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. ibbitzzz

ibbitzzz

Bumping this as I'm still stuck on it. I've ensured that all materials are updated to the URP versions, and have gone over my other lighting settings. It's been difficult to find answers on this via Google because it keeps giving me questions on how to implement an unlit shader or a user who doesn't realize they need to add lights to a scene.

This appears unlit in both the Scene and Game views, so I don't believe this is a setting turned off, though I could be wrong.

Please let me know if there is any information I can provide to help!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021