Search Unity

Model Targets in Unity 2017.3

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by Autarkis, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Autarkis

Autarkis

I already posted this in the Vuforia forums, but that place always seems dead, I'm sure I'll have more luck here.

There seems to be an issue with the model target generator app for 2017.3.
    The model target sample scene ( with the lunar module) correctly displays its 2d guide view.
    However, generating a new dataset ( all the regular steps, import unity package, add new database, activate it, disable the sample one, set up model target with the right database) seems to be working. On play, the 2d guide view does not appear.
    The model used for the target is the same one that I've been using in Unity 5.6 with Vuforia 7.6 and its own MTG..
    Thoughts?

2. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Have you selected a guide view on the Model Target game object?

3. Autarkis

Autarkis

Yes, I have.
    It ended up being having to generate a new license for Vuforia 7 on the developer portal.
    However, I'm still stuck with the model target generator, while the guide view shows up now in Unity 2017.3, no tracking or detection is happening.
    It does work with the sample, so I took the lunar viking module fbx and generated a new model target in the MTG, and while the guide shows up, no detection or tracking is happening. ( unless I switch it back to the original database that was shipped with the samples.
    I have a feeling it's because the MTG is telling me that I was X out of 10 generated models left, and to buy a VIP/PRO license ( which I do have.) John (forgot his last name, he was my sales contact) confirmed that I have a VIP license, and to ignore the warning about having to buy a license to generate more target. ( however, i see there's a signature file generated from the MTG, and I can't shake the feeling that something is being encoded into it that specifies I do not have a VIP license, blocking the detection/tracking inside of Unity.)

4. Cedar

Cedar

5. Autarkis

Autarkis

Finally made it work.
    The Vuforia Model Target Generator that I had downloaded was 7.0.43 i think was a messed up build, I redownloaded it from the tools section of the dev portal, and while it still displays 7.0.43 as the version, it now does not display the prompt to buy VIP/Pro License support.
    Cedar, if yours if asking you to get the VIP/Pro License, try redownloading the MTG from Vuforia, I think they pushed a little update without changing the visible version number that fixes some licensing issues?
    ( i'll go read your thread on vuforia's forums.)

6. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

@Autarkis

We had an issue with some VIP accounts not being upgraded to have unlimited models. This is now fixed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

7. Autarkis

Autarkis

Glad you guys got it squared away!

8. Joshuakwegener

Joshuakwegener

hello..... i was trying and experimenting on model target with unity2017.3 and i was finally it worked on samsung galaxy s8 for android
    but the same project doesnt detecting the model target for ios devices .....i teseted on iphone 8 plus
    whats wrong with my project ........any help would be great

9. Joshuakwegener

Joshuakwegener

this is my android version working video link

10. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Which iOS devices are you testing on and what version of iOS are they running? Do you see any errors when running on iOS that you aren't seeing on Android?

11. Suwas93

Suwas93

I'm not able to detect this object using Vuforia model target detection. I tried using a Pro license Key as well..it doesn't detect it. What could possibly be the problem? Is this model geometry not complex enough for detection? Do I need a more complex geometry. What would be a quick test case to check if model detection is working and that the geometry is a problem?

Does the texture on the model need to match the real object look as well?

(Unity 2018.1.6f1)

Model target.png

12. Suwas93

Suwas93