Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Model position problem when creating animation clips from imported .FBX

Discussion in 'Animation' started by dacri90, Nov 26, 2014.

1. dacri90

dacri90

Hi Everyone,

I'm still new to this community but continue to learn more about Unity in my free time. I promise to provide assistance to others on here as I become more familiar with the technology. In the meantime, I'm working on a small project to learn all aspects of game development. I created a first person hand model and animated it holding a gun. I created one long animation clip in Blender and am using the animation inspector in Unity to divide it up into small clips (equip, idle, walk, run, etc). The positioning of the gun and hand goes crazy for some animation clips but not all. Playing the small clip in preview looks great, but the actual animation clip that is produced when I click "apply" is very bad. Here are some screenshots to show you what I mean...

Here is what the position of model in animation inspector is:
    upload_2014-11-26_15-46-35.jpeg

Here is the animation file created after clicking "apply" in inspector:
    upload_2014-11-26_15-47-6.jpeg

These two screens show the difference between first screenshot I showed and what the resulting animation looks like:
    upload_2014-11-26_15-47-49.jpeg

upload_2014-11-26_15-48-10.jpeg

Any ideas why the model/animation is being changed like this? It was happening to another model so I tried creating new animation in blender and exporting as .FBX. The weird thing is it is only certain parts of the animation doing this. Seems to be when there is more rotation involved that it deforms like the images above show. Can anyone please shed some light on this issue I'm having? Thank you in advance.