Search Unity

Model packs and general prop modelling requests

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AdamStockton, Jun 22, 2015.

?

types of packs you would like

1. Modular Buildings (Modern)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Modular Buildings (any time era)

100.0%
  3. Modular Props and assets (pipes ect)

50.0%
  4. Bespoke buildings (non modular)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AdamStockton

AdamStockton

Hi guys and girls,

A friend of mine has suggested i post on here about me making model packs or the asset store. I've been modelling a long time now (9 years) and mainly do buildings and general props. so i thought I would post and see what kind of feed back I got in terms of what people would like to see in a model pack.

So I guess what id like to know is would people prefer modular sets or bespoke buildings? and what style? Also would people want prop sets such as pipes or roads as well as other generic props.

I tend to keep my building models around 20k max poly count using a multi sub material shader and would include tileable textures which would give the users the ability to swap and change textures to their liking.

Ive included a screenshot of some WIP buildings and some modular cells that I've started working on at the moment but if you want to see more just ask.

Also any suggestions for bespoke models you think the asset store need or you need for your own personal use.

Thanks.

Building04.jpg cells01.jpg

2. TheNorthridge

TheNorthridge

Hello!

One idea is to do a modular subway set in the style of the London Underground, could be super handy ;)

-Sean

3. AdamStockton

AdamStockton

I Like what you did there :) and yeah thats something I could look into

TheNorthridge likes this.
  4. AdamStockton

AdamStockton

Its been a few months since I've been to london so this is very crude but I've just put this together in the last half hour, I've got a friend that lives down there and he's said he'll get me some reference photos so i can be more accurate. tube01.jpg

5. TheNorthridge

TheNorthridge

You have a good start there!

The reference photos will definitely help for sure :)

6. AdamStockton

AdamStockton

Here's something i put together over the weekend. Its a Low poly modular building kit, 32 pieces multiple combinations. the pieces are made to 2x4m grid however some are 4x4m.

i will be adding some 1m blocks too as well as decorative pieces to break up the repetition. they are all textured using x-y tiling textures which are easilly changed to give you freedom to turn 1 red brick set in to all kinds of different types.

For a starting point for a low poly rapid level designing set i think these give enough options. let me know what you think.

render_10.jpg render_11.jpg render_02.jpg

OHH and please forgive the shading issues on the windows i have fixed that but didn't re-render the image

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
    TheNorthridge likes this.
  7. AdamStockton

AdamStockton

put together a very quick video of the set so people can see how they look so far.... there is some snapping issues that need sorting at the moment but im on that today.

ModularTech3D likes this.
  8. ModularTech3D

ModularTech3D

Nice looking really good, this would work with my modular building system nicely.

9. AdamStockton

AdamStockton

thanks man :) should have a 1st release ready for this time next week and then its making decorative meshes and upping the details in these blocks. before adding more variety in them :)

10. ModularTech3D

ModularTech3D

Cool i look forward to checking it out!

11. AdamStockton

AdamStockton

So the start of the set is well underway with 41 models and 13 materials. I still have an extra 9 models to make bringing this set up to 50 unique base models and then I will start Modelling attachable decorative assets such as pipes and vents ect which will give the set 1000's of options for making an entire game world from this set.any feed back would be great as i want this set to suit the needs of the users of unity

Attached Files: