Search Unity

Model pack (WIP)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by ModernCGI, Feb 27, 2012.

?

Would you possible buy these models once completed?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  3. Possibly if the price was lower

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Possibly if there were more than 10 variations

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. ModernCGI

ModernCGI

Hey guys I was making a low poly model of a trailer when I decided I did not need it.
    So I was thinking of releasing the trailer model with 7-10 texture variations and selling
    them all in a pack for around $5 USD can you tell me what you guys think? ALL of the following are in alpha phase. I have to retouch most of the textures a bit but I think these are good enough to show. ALL models are 500 polygons.

Rusty Brown
    [/IMG]

Rusty Grey
    [/IMG]

Clean (Far from done)
    [/IMG]

Could you guys give me some review and you opinion on selling these? Thanks

2. Jaimi

Jaimi

they're kind of simple, maybe too simple, but perhaps it'll look better in 3d. The orange windows in the last one look a little out of place being solid color. Perhaps they just need to be desaturated, and some noise or other texture added. I wouldn't call them a trailer, looks more like a metal shed.

3. ModernCGI

ModernCGI

Thanks for the feedback!
    Yeah they are simple models meant to be used in RTS games viewed from a further distance.
    About the frames on the windows. Yes they look out of place. I plan on having a lighter shade of orange with a better blend and not so bold. Also they will have scratches on them.
    The color was a simple quick thing I put in because I wanted to get these up tonight since I have been working on these all day haha. Again thanks

4. larvantholos

larvantholos

pretty nice, but the door stands out to much on your clean model, seems like it would have less rust. Beyond that everything else seems pretty good. Would probably like to see those window frames a little more close up tho.

5. ModernCGI

ModernCGI

Do you mean the green door? If so then yeah it needs rust. Like I said I only applied a simple color because I was tired haha. The color with more than likely stay the same but It was have rust and scratches.

6. omarzonex

omarzonex

WoW

Very Good Nice

7. omarzonex

omarzonex

WoW

Very Good Nice

8. ModernCGI

ModernCGI

Thank you

9. larvantholos

larvantholos

No, I actually meant your rusty door has to much rust on the clean version of this model. It definitely needs some ware, but it just doesn't need that much especially in comparison to the level of rust and dirt on the rest of it. But actually, looking at the green door, I'd swap it to the clean model, and swap the clean door to the rusty model ;) :p just a suggestion.

10. CookieBE

CookieBE

It all looks nice, but I would render them in perspective instead of isometric view. ;)

11. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

I said no sorry :( i think they are to basic, the texturing is nice but i wouldent pay for them its nothing that i couldent do.

They actualy look good though :) just my opinion for me maby programers would buy this.

12. ModernCGI

ModernCGI

Ok thanks. I was just curious for everyone's opinion. Thanks!