Search Unity

Mobility 9000 and reflection

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by boxy, Sep 30, 2006.

1. boxy

boxy

Hello
    I'm confused :) For the last few weeks I've been testing my level on my TiBook 867mhz (Radeon Mobility 9000, 32mb) which happily displayed the reflected refracted water - though the global fog caused problems at certain low angles it was there. But today, I get nothing, just a dark plain plane and at one point a console error saying the card didn't support subshaders. The water material just displays a 'Default' pop up menu. I upgraded Unity to 1.5.1 but it made no difference. Any idea why it suddenly stopped displaying the effects?
    Thanks
    Boxy

2. Marble

Marble

Can't help you with your problem, but I just checked and reflections are working fine on the 9000 Mobility in my TiBook. Any chance the materials you're using have gotten messed up somehow? I'm not on Pro, but I had some problems with the transparent water material not duplicating well, for example.

Shot in the dark :D

3. boxy

boxy

Thanks Marble. It seems that may be the case, because all the code is there in the reflection/refraction script and yet the material (original or new) simply displays a pop-up with the word Default. But I wonder how I can get them back :) I'll try re-copying stuff from my desktop.
    Cheers
    Boxy