Search Unity

Mobile Touch Input, where are the more advanced tutorials and discussions?

Discussion in 'Android' started by Livealot, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Livealot

Livealot

If you search "mobile touch input" you will get an infinite list of how to do a SINGLE type of input (pan a camera, drag a object, pinch to zoom, etc.). That's the easy part. The hard part is getting all those types of input to work well together. I'm struggling to find any discussions or tutorials on stitching together the systems of inputs to avoid all the potential conflicts and race conditions.

Some examples:
    1. Can you rely on disparate event systems on gameworld objects and UI or do you need a centralized manager monitoring all the touches?
    2. How can I make sure clicking to inspect a gameworld object will close an open UI dialog?
    3. How can I allow 2 finger pinch to zoom and prevent multiple selections of objects?
    4. How do I prevent pinch to zoom from dragging gameobjects?
    5. How do I block certain actions while others are in progress?
    6. Where are all the example cases of how folks use the full range of Touch.phases provided?

There's no specific answer I'm looking for, but am hoping folks will respond with links to sub-forums, tutorials, advanced example scripts, etc. that shed light on the topic. For example, I'm surprised that "Mobile Input" doesn't have it's own category in the Unity forums.